need help just bought camera from ebay

BeccaLeigh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
just bought a canon rebel from ebay, i was supposed to have received six lenses with my camera but instead the guy said he upgraded my package and sent four digital lenses instead of six standard lenses. (im not sure the difference between standard and digital) did i just get ripped off?

ummm...

Well, to answer your direct question we'd need to know the exact list of both sets of lenses (or you could just research it yourself)

That being said, switching out what you bought with something else is blatantly illegal, not to mention would displease the gods of ebay...

Buyer beware.

just bought a canon rebel from ebay, i was supposed to have received six lenses with my camera but instead the guy said he upgraded my package and sent four digital lenses instead of six standard lenses. (im not sure the difference between standard and digital) did i just get ripped off?

In short....yes, you got bait & switched (read - ripped off). Contact ebay immediately, and Paypal as well (if that is how you payed).

Post a link to the auction that you won.

yea, I don't want to sound like a broken record, but, you got bamboozled.. as a future reference, I strongly recommend NOT buying camera gear from places like ebay, unless its something that is really cheap... get it from a reputable online store (like bhphoto.com) or, in person... this will prevent getting screwed over.

ebay link(hope it works) NEW Canon EOS Rebel XS 1000D Digital SLR Camera +6 Lens - eBay (item 160342183594 end time Jul-14-09 23:30:31 PDT)

"upgrade package" Thank you for placing an order with us. The following is a summary of your order:
**************PRESIDENT PKG PRO HD FREE UPGRADE***************
Order Information:
1 - BLACK - Canon EOS Digital Rebel XS 1000D Body - BLACK
1 - Tamron AF 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 Aspherical D Special Edition for Canon SLR
1 - Tamron AF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 D E Macro built in 1.3 Special Edition for Canon SLR
1 - 58mm High Definition PRO Wide Angle Lens
1 - w/ Macro Lens attachment
1 - 58mm High Definition 2X Telephoto Lens
1 - 16 GB Secure Digital SDHC HIGH CAPACITY memory card
1 - 8 GB Secure Digital SDHC HIGH CAPACITY memory card
1 - 8 GB Secure Digital SDHC HIGH CAPACITY memory card
1 - Pioneer G3 Slingshot Backpack for Photo Gear - Black
1 - Holster (Long nose) case for SLR camera and zoom lens
1 - Hard Shell Case for Photo Equipment
1 - Canon Digital Rebel XS and XSi Tutorial DVD
1 - Digital SLR cameras Auto Power Flash
1 - 58mm 3 pc Filter Kit High Definition: UV - Polarizer - FDL
1 - Remote Switch Cord for Canon T1i XSi and XS
1 - 62mm UV Digital Multi Coated Professional High Definition Filter
1 - 52mm UV Digital Multi Coated Professional High Definition Filter
1 - TMT T-Mount for Canon DSLR
1 - Deluxe Large Photo Tripod
1 - Mini Travel Tripod
1 - Lens Cap Keeper
1 - USB 2.0 Secure Digital (SD) Card Reader
1 - LCD Screen Protectors
1 - Lens Cleaning Kit
1 - Memory Card Wallet
1 - Canon SLR Wide Strap - Included in Manufacturer Box
1 - Canon Battery Charger - Included in Manufacturer Box
1 - Canon LP-E5 Rechargeable Battery - Included in manufacturer box
1 - Canon TV/Video Cable - Included in Manufacturer Box
1 - Canon USB Cable - Included in Manufacturer Box
1 - Canon EOS Digital Solution CD - Included in Manufacturer Box
1 - Digital Rebel XS / XSi / T1i - Extended High Capacity Battery
1 - Step down 62-58mm ring

Subtotal: $934.25
Tax: $0.00
Total: $934.25

if you are familiar with ebay I bought htis as a buy it now, as i soon as i clicked commit to buy my phone rang, it was them, i know nothing about photography really i just want ot start it as a hobbie.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Well, they have a lot of sales and apparently a lot of happy customers... I'd try and work it out with them before getting too upset just yet - they sound like they have good communication, they even list a phone number.

Impressive list. Trouble is a lot of the little stuff is just useless crap. I'd say you about got your moneys worth. But 1/2 that stuff you won't ever use.

The list in the auction actually only has 2 real lenses the other things are just lens attachments (which are useless as they suck) and as kmh stated a lot of the stuff on that list (while to the average eye looks impressive) actuly is quite useless

OK here's the deal. I have learned not to ever buy major things off Ebay such as a complete camera kit. I had my eye on a very nice Canon 50D kit on Ebay and when I decided to buy it, the company had gone out of business and the feedback page was littered with negative comments! People never got their items after spending $2000+. The company told them not to buy from them anymore (which is weird). Also, they kept relisting the kits even though they were out of stock. A few weeks ago, I emailed this company, before they went out, and asked them all kinds of questions from warrantee to why it's so much cheaper, how I know what I get is what I'll get, ect... Got no reply, sent it again a week later, no reply... Got me very nervous. After I found out they went under, I swore to never buy a major thing like that on Ebay. I'll stick to smaller things from now on...

which glass did he send you?

i'm newb, not sure what you mean by glass. sorry

my main question was if there was a difference between the lenses in each package. Manny(the guy from getitdigital) said the ones listed where standard but the upgraded were digital. I have tried to research the difference but haven't really found anything with google. thanks for all the help so far

which glass did he send you?

i'm newb, not sure what you mean by glass. sorry

my main question was if there was a difference between the lenses in each package. Manny(the guy from getitdigital) said the ones listed where standard but the upgraded were digital. I have tried to research the difference but haven't really found anything with google. thanks for all the help so far
"Glass" meaning lenses

Kinda messed up that you bought all that as a newb with no idea what you were buying. I know water under the bridge, but ... sheesh.

Kinda messed up that you bought all that as a newb with no idea what you were buying. I know water under the bridge, but ... sheesh.
+1

When I got my camera on Monday, I knew almost as much as the guy behind the counter. I did my fair share of research before making decisions.

I bought my D2H on ebay, I guess I just got lucky! I was so nervous after I payed for it and was just wondering if it would even work. But it does and I'm glad I got it.

I would've bought form somewhere like keh but it was $250 more dollars that I didn't have.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back