Need help on buying new camera system

sturmovik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone !

So im thinking on getting new camera the current one is not enough for me anymore ( Canon powershot SX50 )

so let me try to list the things im looking for and how much im willing to spend.

Budget 1500-2000$ must include lens mostly planing to shoot landscapes and some portraits have to have good dynamic range . if spending that much money would be great to have 4k video recording . ( but superb photos are more important ) Touch/til/flip screen is welcome too . with good battery life but I guess if the camera is great could get a 2nd battery

Before I was looking mostly at the cameras from Canon and Nikon like Canon 80D and Nikon D7500 but im open to other brands as well like Sony or something

My choices in Nikon:
DX = D7500 + 18-140 or 16-80
The 16-80 is the better and faster lens, but is much shorter on the long end. It is comparable to the 24-120 FX lens.​
FX = D750 + 24-120
The D750 is a bit above your budget now. During the year end sale it was $5 under $2k.​

Someone else will have to input for the Canon gear, as I am not familiar with it.
The only Canon option I can give is a T7i + 18-135. But I think you can get a better body than the T7i, with your budget.

The Sony mirrorless is another option.
But I only held a friends A6000, I did not use it for test drive.

I think the d7500 would be a good choice.

Other options in budget maybe a Sony a6500.

The d750 mentioned is probably the best camera in its price range new, but does not do 4k.

From other threads it seems there are a lot of excellent condition Nikon d800 on the second hand market for about 800 dollars, if you could get over the 4k they would be another good option

Personally, I would get a dedicated video camera for video, rather than use a dslr for video.
  • The ergonomics are different.
  • Video lenses with good quality and WIDE zoom ranges have been available for a long time. Not so for dslrs.

my main focus ins photography the video is good to have but not very important.. and as long as it has a 1080p at lets say at least 60FPS that should be good enough I think so.. Im open to suggestions

is 80D better then D7500 in photography.. ? ))

I see... its so hard to pick a camera so many good options.. lol

hmmm yah.. and the Panasonic G9 looks very nice as well

hmmm yah.. and the Panasonic G9 looks very nice as well
Panasonic g9 is pro m43 camera, probably more than most need. I like and use m43 but for less money you can get much better image quality in low light etc, video may be a different story

Oh yeah.. what would you suggest then ? ))
thank you for replay

is 80D better then D7500 in photography.. ? ))

I read dPreview's camera vs camera blurby 'slideshow'

Nikon D7500 vs Canon EOS 80D

The D7500 from Nikon seems to win for stills and through-the-viewfinder picture taking, while the Canon 80D has better video AF and works great when framing and focusing using the rear LCD.

I went to DxO Mark and compared the D7500,D7200,and the 80D. The Nikon's are just a bit better in technical image metrics, but the 80D represents a new era for Canon...better sensor than they've had since 2007...I think that the Canon 80D is the first Canon APS-C camera that does not give the serious enthusiast regret at not having bought a Nikon APS-C camera, as far as dynamic range and color depth is concerned. The Nikon D7500 has a faster frame rate and a much bigger buffer (UN-limited on jpegs! 50 raws, not 25,like the Canon 80D) than the Canon, but that would be mostly for hard-core action shooters/birders,etc..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back