Need Help! on Camera

zapman29

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I have decided to upgrade! I am going from my canon 40d to the Canon 5D mark II... found some decent deals on line.. looking at the Kit pkg which comes with 24-105L IS.. This lens has good reviews. and if I buy in Kit I save about 300 bucks.. Is this lens worth it or should i just buy the body... Input please! thanks!

I guess what I am saying is I have the canon 28-135mm and I hear on a full 35mm frame it will do better than on my cropped sensor.. Is is worth the extra money to go on and get the 24-105.. is it that much better than my 28-135mm other than double the price...

Buy the kit, and then sell the lens =)

I'd have to agree with Big Twinkie--his strategy has been followed by a lot of people for a few years now, since Canon has been selling the original 5D as well as the 5D-II paired with the 24-105L for several years now. You surely can recover the cost of the 24-105 by selling it as Mint on e-Bay or Craigslist.

I don't own the 28-135, just the 24-105 which I got in a kit with my 5D; it might just be time to as KmH says, pull the trigger, buy the kit, and enjoy it. if the 24-105 suits you and looks good, you could sell off the 28-135. With all those high-quality megapixels from the 5D-II's mega-sized images, you should be able to crop an image from 105 to get a 135mm field of view if needed, and still have great images.

well went and did it so we will see I am sure I will love the 24-105 lens....

Sounds like a great deal!
N.gif

Most reactions

Back