Need help - Pentax K5 or Canon 7D

panda124

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I need some help, I cant decide between the pentax K5 and Canon 7D.

I need some help, I cant decide between the pentax K5 and Canon 7D.

What kind of shooting are you looking to do? Both of these have body have different strong point. Both are great if you use them for what they're good at.

Clearly the Pentax is the one you want, new-member-from-two-days-ago-and-only-one-post. :thumbup:

Clearly the Pentax is the one you want, new-member-from-two-days-ago-and-only-one-post. :thumbup:
LOL I didn't notice that- wonder if he's a bot? Curious question to post here where there are all of 2 Pentax freaks like me. :lol:

Some people like to make alternate accounts and post things like this to stir up controversy and argument. Considering some of the recent posts in this sub forum, I got the sneaking suspicion this happens to be one of those cases. ;)

The K5 does seem like an excellent body, from the reviews and DxO's testing, it's well worth the money. But in my mind, Pentax was the first to release the "updated" models this go-round. The 7D and D300s have yet to be updated...if Pentax can do this well, it makes one wonder just how good the Canon & Nikon updates will be.

Don't get me wrong, I started on a Pentax K-x and I like Pentax, I hope the K5 holds it's ground. Competition is always good for consumers.

Hi Thank you for your replies. I have been without internet for a week so havent had a chance to get back on here. I ended up goign with the 7D

Great choice the 7D, awesome camera with an amazing AF system.

its a fantastic camera! i love it!!

Canikons. :roll:

Most reactions

Back