Need help removing mount from camera body

anthemsandall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have an old contax camera with what I believe is an rf mount. I want to use the lens on my mirrorless and found an adapter without the mount for under 100 (they also have one with the mount already on for 360)
But since I have the mount I was wondering if anyone knows how to properly remove it from the body?

There are two (at least) different Contax mounts. The original was introduced in 1936 by Zeiss Ikon and a later different mount was introduced by Yashica in conjunction with Zeiss Ikon in the 1980s (afaik). You need to be sure that an adapter is for the correct Contax mount.

I do not understand why you want to remove the mount from the body. This would not help you to use the lens in any way. You cannot fit the body part of the mount on to another camera.

Soo, what you are saying is you have an adapter for your mirrorless camera ... but you have to remove the mounting ring from the Contax camera and then secure it to the adapter ?
You should specify exactly what model camera you're talking about.

Last edited:
There are two (at least) different Contax mounts. The original was introduced in 1936 by Zeiss Ikon and a later different mount was introduced by Yashica in conjunction with Zeiss Ikon in the 1980s (afaik). You need to be sure that an adapter is for the correct Contax mount.

I do not understand why you want to remove the mount from the body. This would not help you to use the lens in any way. You cannot fit the body part of the mount on to another camera.

the adapter will fit the body, but will not fit the lens without the mount actually on it. I might take it to a shop to get more info on it instead of screwing it up

Soo, what you are saying is you have an adapter for your mirrorless camera ... but you have to remove the mounting ring from the Contax camera and then secure it to the adapter ?
You should specify exactly what model camera you're talking about.

I can't find the exact model of camera which is frustrating, but I was able to find the mount type.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back