Need help with Polaroid Land Camera 104 (but may be a general thing)

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Silk22, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Silk22

Silk22 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi,
    I'm a total newbie...and disassembled the viewfinder on my 104 Land Camera because the focus arrows weren't moving. So I unscrewed the two screws and think I may have actually fixed the focus issue! However now I don't know how to put things back together :(
    I have two loose mirrors and a metal rectangular window thingie. I've searched high and low for a diagram of this part or instructions on reassembling, but no luck. If anyone can help and let me know how/where to put the mirrors and window thingie to reattach the viewfinder, that would be awesome. Have attached some pics of the parts...
    Best,
    SL

Attached Files:

2. vintagesnaps

vintagesnaps Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have a couple of similar models but I haven't taken them apart...

Here's Mike Butkus' camera manuals site which has the manual for your camera. (You can send him three bucks for it if you want.)
    http://www.cameramanuals.org/polaroid_pdf/polaroid_automatic_104.pdf

Try Option8, I can't think of his real name, that's his user name on ebay. He does conversions but I don't know if he does repair. There's Polaroid info. on his site.
    About this website – Instant Options

You could also look up Rick Oleson, but I don't know if his repair CD includes Polaroids. Checked my bookmarks and found Jim's Polaroid Collection but haven't looked at it in a long time to know if it gets into repair, etc. Jim's Polaroid camera collection: Home page

I think if you can't get it back together you might do just as well to buy another one rather than pay to get this one fixed.

3. Silk22

Silk22 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Thanks for the info @vintagesnaps ! Yeah, don't think would be worth doing a repair and actually a repair isn't necessary. I just know nothing about cameras and didn't take note of where things where when i took the viewfinder off. So if I can get a diagram of it to see where the mirrors go or someone can tell me where to put those 3 parts- I should be good to go! Will take a look at the manual from link you sent though.
    I'm thinking this isn't specific to the model 104 so perhaps will broaden the search to any/all Land Cameras to try and get some images or disassebly/assembly instructions. As it's a simple thing, just was hoping someone familiar with cameras and old polaroids might be able to just chime in to get me back on track.
    Appreciate the pointers and reply :)