Need Input on Canon Vs Nikon

Status
Not open for further replies.
A plug for Canon from someone named 'Village Idiot', I rest my case :D

Another vote for the D90, proud happy owner of one here!

Enjoy.

Don't get angry because all of my pictures are better.

But then again, a 21mp FF Canon camera does help with that.
I agree. My photography sucked until I bought a Canon 1D. I do absolutely nothing now but show up with the 1D and it produces amazing pictures all on its own.

People who say that it's the photographer that makes the image and not the camera obviously have Canon envy. We Canon shooters know the truth.

A plug for Canon from someone named 'Village Idiot', I rest my case :D

Another vote for the D90, proud happy owner of one here!

Enjoy.

Don't get angry because all of my pictures are better.

But then again, a 21mp FF Canon camera does help with that.
I agree. My photography sucked until I bought a Canon 1D. I do absolutely nothing now but show up with the 1D and it produces amazing pictures all on its own.

People who say that it's the photographer that makes the image and not the camera obviously have Canon envy. We Canon shooters know the truth.

I hear you can just send the D3 to the shoot by itself. You don't even need to go.

I hear you can just send the D3 to the shoot by itself. You don't even need to go.
Oh man, really? If that's the case I may have to switch kits.

Well, wait a minute. Half of the fun of shooting hot 20 something models is actually seeing them in person. Why would I want to send my camera out and not tag along?

This is typical of Nikon's thinking, or lack thereof. They don't really listen to the needs of their customers. They're totally fixated on technology and they've lost touch with the human experience.

Well, wait a minute. Half of the fun of shooting hot 20 something models is actually seeing them in person. Why would I want to send my camera out and not tag along?

This is typical of Nikon's thinking, or lack thereof. They don't really listen to the needs of their customers. They're totally fixated on technology and they've lost touch with the human experience.

You could always go. And sit next to it while it does it's thing.

You could always go. And sit next to it while it does it's thing.
I already do that with my 1D. :)

If only this were true...... neither brand holds a global edge over the other, to claim one does is pretty fanboyish.
pot-kettle-1.jpg

Something smells fishy with that truncated and spliced out of context statement. (probable NSFW link)

:lmao:

I like and shoot with Nikon but only hold a grudge to shooters of other brands that refuse to remove their blinders.

I shoot at the professional level shoulder to shoulder with a guy that uses a Canon 5DmkII and the best/fastest lenses they have avaiable near every weekend... all I will say is that the OP needs to learn to:

1. think for themselves
2. learn how to do their own homework
3. find what his own needs are, equate that to a brand, make and model
4. make his own purchases

I am Nikon and staying... thanks.

I shoot at the professional level shoulder to shoulder with a guy that uses a Canon 5DmkII and the best/fastest lenses they have avaiable near every weekend... all I will say is that the OP needs to learn to:

1. think for themselves

I agree with Jerry. With an investment like that I advice you to do your homework. I personally chose Canon and will always be a Canon shooter because the ergonomics of their design. It just felt better for me and that wheel on the back makes sense on how my dexterity works. I think that is key when choosing between the two hot shot brands. Get a feel for each one and go from there. This is like the most rhetorical issue in the camera world so it's pretty much all on you.

I proudly shoot Canon but would shoot Nikon if I had a reason to. I started with Canon and unless something changes, I'll continue with them.

I plaster my images all over the internet, I make no effort to hide my work or make others dig to find samples of my photography. If you can find fault with my work based upon the limitations of my choice of camera equipment, please share it with the class. I would love to see it.

Meanwhile, Canon produces some of the best bodies and glass on the market. Nikon does too. Canon has some weak lenses in its line up as does Nikon.

In the end, there are "pros" that shot both systems and do so with great success. To claim one is better than the other, or your "pro" shots are better than someone elses "pro" shots because you choose to shoot Nikon is a bit over the top. But I would love to see evidence of this, I don't mind being proved wrong.

you canon users ! you've made the avatar angry again !!!

So I am saving for a new camera and I have had my eyes set on the Nikon D90 with 18-105 kit for $1100 ( I already have the NIKKOR 55-200VR for it).
I went to the store and held the D90, liked it's layout, and it's very similar features and specs as the D300S which is quite a bit more coin. Seems solid with a good amount of room to grow into.

Now, on another forum I am on a guy is selling his Canon 40D and Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5 Macro DC lens with less then 5000 clicks, in perfect condition (according to him), for $850. He just bought the 7D so has no need for the 40.
I dont know enough about Canons, or the comparison between Nikons and Canons to tell whether or not the 40D is a smoking deal AND BETTER then the D90.
If the D90 has better capability, I dont mind paying the $1100 for it. BUt if the 40D blows it out AND is cheaper, then why not.

Please advise on real world comparison and what to expect.

I've shot both Canon and Nikon pretty extensively, and I like the ergonomics of Nikon better. Plus, the sensor in the D90 is far better than that of the 40D. Another thing to consider is the level of glass you want. Canon has some better high-end glass for cheaper than Nikon, but Nikon's lower end glass is cheaper and far better in terms of IQ.

1. think for themselves

What the &%&* are you talking about?

I have read all about both cameras and have gone in and held and checked them out. I have been on numerous sites with reviews and comparisons, and I can't count the number of times I have opened the Nikon.com SLR comparison .pdf......

I am going to make my own purchase, unless you thought my post was requesting someone to do so for me, if that happens to be the case, I think you need to brush up on your reading comprehension.

I asked for a real world comparison, and what to expect in regards to those two cameras. If you have no input, then either say so, or avoid upping your post count. If you insist on making a worthless post, then be prepared for an appropriate response pointing it out. :thumbup:

So I am saving for a new camera and I have had my eyes set on the Nikon D90 with 18-105 kit for $1100 ( I already have the NIKKOR 55-200VR for it).
I went to the store and held the D90, liked it's layout, and it's very similar features and specs as the D300S which is quite a bit more coin. Seems solid with a good amount of room to grow into.

Now, on another forum I am on a guy is selling his Canon 40D and Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5 Macro DC lens with less then 5000 clicks, in perfect condition (according to him), for $850. He just bought the 7D so has no need for the 40.
I dont know enough about Canons, or the comparison between Nikons and Canons to tell whether or not the 40D is a smoking deal AND BETTER then the D90.
If the D90 has better capability, I dont mind paying the $1100 for it. BUt if the 40D blows it out AND is cheaper, then why not.​

Please advise on real world comparison and what to expect.​

I've shot both Canon and Nikon pretty extensively, and I like the ergonomics of Nikon better. Plus, the sensor in the D90 is far better than that of the 40D. Another thing to consider is the level of glass you want. Canon has some better high-end glass for cheaper than Nikon, but Nikon's lower end glass is cheaper and far better in terms of IQ.
I'm going to have to say that the difference in feel was the first thing that made me appreciate the Nikon even more, especially the shutter position.

1. think for themselves

What the &%&* are you talking about?

I have read all about both cameras and have gone in and held and checked them out. I have been on numerous sites with reviews and comparisons, and I can't count the number of times I have opened the Nikon.com SLR comparison .pdf......

I am going to make my own purchase, unless you thought my post was requesting someone to do so for me, if that happens to be the case, I think you need to brush up on your reading comprehension.

I asked for a real world comparison, and what to expect in regards to those two cameras. If you have no input, then either say so, or avoid upping your post count. If you insist on making a worthless post, then be prepared for an appropriate response pointing it out. :thumbup:

Jerry is just old and mean. Ignore everything he says. Unless he's talking about weddings. :p

Jerry is just old and mean. Ignore everything he says. Unless he's talking about weddings. :p
Even then he's still just getting started in that... and he's still old and mean.

:lol:

Sorry Jerry, you know we love ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back