Need opinions

dbxuau

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Trying to get my own style going, what do you fellas think so far from todays shoot? Camera: Canon A570 IS + 52mm Filters.

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

You have a good eye, the first is good in terms of where ou stand and what you captured, I got the mood.
The second is good in terms of the angle you captured people, that's a good eye, I like the Mercedes too, the rest of it doesn't attract my eye, and is not a distraction but seems unnecessary...
The 3rd is one I personally like because of the beach lining up with the green space and the cell guy in the middle talking, I'd imagine what's so important in such a place to talk to someone over the cellular.
The 4th captures the atmosphere as much as the first one
The 5th is a great catch, I particularly like it.

Overall, I like the way you caught these people, I like the way you put it, it's interesting, I like the colors, I like your outcome, I am not a perfectionist, I won't get technical, and I won't think of what could have been better, it's simply great that way, only the note on the burger photo.

If these pictures didn't have titles, would they mean the same to people?
IMO, the pictures lean much too much on the titles.

Good eye! Its like a slice of American pie.

I don't know except for the frames they kind of look llike snapshots to me. Really I even think the first one is a little offensive or at least could be taken that way.

Correctly identifying a group of individuals is not racist heh. gotta love the PC world we live in now adays.

Again, I'm old, but I'm not seeing any focal point in these. BTW, I believe the title in the first is offensive.

Trying to get my own style going, what do you fellas think so far ...

I didn't realize there were 5 photos until I went to quote.

Anyway, rather than comment on your style; How do you see your style? What is it you are going for/ trying to accomplish or develop? Where are you wanting to go with it all?

Again, I'm old, but I'm not seeing any focal point in these. BTW, I believe the title in the first is offensive.

I believe the title on the first is offensive as well. I also am lost as to the intent of this image. I guess it could be said that it has good exposure, color and OK comp. But style? I'm sorry, I just can't pick out a theme of style from this group of images. Then again, one looking at my gallery probably can't pick a single style or theme either.

Correctly identifying a group of individuals is not racist heh. gotta love the PC world we live in now adays.
saying the term "Asian herd" might be offensive is not PC it is just considerate. Besides it is just a stupid title for a picture.

im trying to create the concept of looking into the picture, not so much at one.

you may have a career in advertising

as others said, I like your perspective a lot. its much different from others I see everyday and let us admit it - had you not added the one word captions, your photographs wouldn't have opened up as much as they're doing now. you did a great job.

I feel you must make your shots more powerful and get your composing skills grammatically correct. for example

1. your Asian Herd shot needs more faces than hairy heads & backs.

2. I'm not sure at all about the cell phone photograph... its not telling me a strong story.. it looks very empty and deserted. if you could get a setting sun image or a golden light cast upon the subject with long shadows - would have been nicer.

also, don't always place your subjects bang in the middle of the frame. try freezing moments where your subject enters or exits your composure.

regarding your Mercedes photo as a good one, have a look at number 15 here : http://www.turboshots.net/gallery/en/timeoutofmind/timeoutofmind_g_en.html
(caption : there are three things that this city never runs out of - smiles, poverty and posters)

very well done till now, wish you all the best :)

saying the term "Asian herd" might be offensive is not PC it is just considerate. Besides it is just a stupid title for a picture.

hahahahaha i agree. How come nobody thinks the title "loner" is offensive. If I was a loner, I'd be pissed. Who cares what the title is, we're lookin at pictures right? I think they look like snapshots, but so do mine. :heart:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back