Need pricing advice

Okay everyone... let's relax a little bit. Yes, I know that for the regulars, these types of posts get a bit tiresome, however they're always going to happen. If it annoys you too much, just walk on by... 'kay? Thanks!

tirediron said:
Okay everyone... let's relax a little bit. Yes, I know that for the regulars, these types of posts get a bit tiresome, however they're always going to happen. If it annoys you too much, just walk on by... 'kay? Thanks!

John, am I to understand you to say that it's not acceptable to encourage a new member to make use of the literally THOUSANDS of threads that likely have exactly the same content theirs will produce?

That sounds pretty silly to me. I wasn't aware we were in the business of hand-holding here.

1. The fire department group photo - free (consider it a donation as a thanks for their service)

2. Individual fire fighter photo - free (see #1)

3. Family photo - $25 for ONE finished hi-res 8X10. Pre-paid before the shoot. Never give copyright away. Include print release and usage agreement.

*For family photos - upload images into individual folders in a program like Dropbox and email the link and they can download and print it themselves or if you have a website, create client folders.

*For fire department/ individual fire fighter photos - upload all images onto a personalized flashdrive (Custom Flash Drive - Personalized USB Thumb Drives, Customized Phone Cases, iPad, iPod, iPhone Case Personalization is a good place to order)

*Know your lighting conditions beforehand. Pre-stage firetruck at the time you will be shooting a few days in advance. Take sample photos.

John, am I to understand you to say that it's not acceptable to encourage a new member to make use of the literally THOUSANDS of threads that likely have exactly the same content theirs will produce?
No, no you're not, however there were already three direct references to searching earlier posts prior to the one you made. There's precious little value added to repeating the same thing over and over.

That sounds pretty silly to me. I wasn't aware we were in the business of hand-holding here.
Okay.

No, no you're not, however there were already three direct references to searching earlier posts prior to the one you made. There's precious little value added to repeating the same thing over and over.

heh, that's pretty funny actually...since repeating things over and over is exactly what happens when people ask the same questions from many previous posts.
indeed, precious little value added. :lol:

heh, that's pretty funny actually...since repeating things over and over is exactly what happens when people ask the same questions from many previous posts.
The irony isn't lost on me either, however I'd like to try and limit the number of times we club the newbies on their first few visits.

The irony isn't lost on me either, however I'd like to try and limit the number of times we club the newbies on their first few visits.

agreed..I thought I gave pretty decent advice with very little clubbing involved. I tried not to treat the newbie like a baby seal.

Forgot to add- for the individual portrait photos, consider inside with a solid background. Give 'em a good wall hanger. They deserve it.

John, is it really "clubbing" new members to suggest that instead of wasting everyone's time with a COMPLETELY redundant thread, they make use of the resources already on the site?

If someone is so sensitive that they get their feelings hurt over being informed of valuable resources they aren't using, I don't see any value in their presence here. Lord knows we already have enough marshmellows on this forum...

...John, is it really "clubbing" new members to suggest that instead of wasting everyone's time with a COMPLETELY redundant thread, they make use of the resources already on the site?
It is when it gets repeated four times in one page, yes.

Most reactions

Back