What's new

Need some critique on photos taken at Stone Mountain Park

I think the strongest shot is the second one. The other two lack a subject or the subject is too cropped. The second could have been improved by making the camera level with the horizon (or the edge of that rock, i can see the trees are angled).

Looks like a cool location to shoot!
 
They have exquisite colors; yes, compositionally second is the best; yet i like them all :D
 
I have to agree that #2 is the best. #3 isn't so bad. #1, I have to wonder if it would look better without the foreground tree in it at all. What were you going for with that one?
 
Thanks for your help, I will take that into consideration.
 
What strikes me in all of these is the harsh mid-day light. It renders the scene flat because it kills shadows and sucks the color from the scene.

Try to shoot in early morning light or evening light for optimal results.
 
Yes, I agree with the suggestion that these are a little too cropped (or shot at too long of a focal length). I think 1 has the most promise, but, again, if that tree is the subject, I'd like to see more of it, less of it cut off by the framing choice.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom