What's new

Need Some Feedback On This One :/

SiCk

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 5, 2005
Messages
165
Reaction score
3
Location
Belfast, N.Ireland
I took this thismorning on the way to work, the sun was really low and giving off a gorgeous colour.. got a few other shots, but they didnt exactly turn out well.. i was late for work too.. which didnt help matters :P

I was just wondering about the composure etc... it seems off to me.. even though i tried.. heh =/ maybe something needs cropped out etc? maybe the tops of the houses or something, i tried that, but it ended up looking weird.

 
I actually really like it. I think the only thing you could have done compositionally speaking would be to leave the tops of the chimneys in the shot.
 
The colours are very nice, I think, and the texture of the wall comes across nicely. Yet the angle somehow bothers me a bit. Perhaps a position a tad more in the front of the street sign - which seems to be the subject of the picture - would have worked better? But I'm no pro, that's just an amateur's first quick idea. ;)
 
Can you reshoot? I think you have a good picture in the making. The lighting is good and there is lots of detail in the wall and sign. But I also think maybe a step or two to your right and maybe leave the tops of the chimneys? Less dof would have really brought the focus to the sign without recomposing.

Sometimes it's hard to tell what the shot will look like, so I'll take it from 2 or 3 different angles. Just in case ;)
 
Thanks for the feedback, Verbal, yeah i was just thinking that on second glance now too.. bah.. ill maybe try and get another shot tommorow morning if its like it was today :)

ill try your spin on it too pax

thanks guys :)
 
woodsac said:
Can you reshoot? I think you have a good picture in the making. The lighting is good and there is lots of detail in the wall and sign. But I also think maybe a step or two to your right and maybe leave the tops of the chimneys? Less dof would have really brought the focus to the sign without recomposing.

Sometimes it's hard to tell what the shot will look like, so I'll take it from 2 or 3 different angles. Just in case ;)

hmm yeah, i can try and re-shoot, its en-route to work, its just the lighting conditions that are hard to get... dont get many icy mornings with the sun that low, but hopefully it'll be like that tommorow and ill grab a few shots..

I did get another shot of it, but because i was late i could only get these 2 and then i had to run.. it wasnt good though :( IMO anyway
 
It's nice..the light and the angle. I'd try and remove the distracting darkness to thew right....doesn't add much. remove it and you'll concentrate more on the sign.
 
You're right, this is a complicated composition and playing around with the image you presented is a tough one. That being said, I think you are onto something pretty interesting with the light and sign and brick. Perhaps that is enough without bringing the background into the shot?

Don't know as I can't see what your alternatives might have been. Best advice is keep moving around the subject until you think you have a story to tell. Then, no matter what anyone says, you've got it.

Nice effort and thank you for sharing your work.

www.jefferyraymond.com
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom