What's new

Need some feedback!

wildspunx

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 2, 2012
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello! I'm new around here, and I could do with some feedback on a few images that I have


$263 copy.webp$354 copy.webp$489 copy.webp

I think the forum has an upload limit.. I couldn't put up my originals:(
 

Attachments

  • $193.webp
    $193.webp
    307.2 KB · Views: 103
They're well exposed and focused in general.
You could use some creative composition. These are all pretty dead center and lacking any real draw.
 
Yes I agree with you on that. Some of my more creative shots ended a bit disastrously, and went blurry. I have a very bad habit of aiming the shutter according to the evaluative metering. I submitted the one with the child on the dad's shoulders for evaluation at istock, and really surprised that it got approved

The attached photograph was done about 2 years ago, but I'm not sure if this is meant by creative framing
 

Attachments

  • $044 copy.webp
    $044 copy.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
This was done about 2 years ago, when I just got started and was using a point and shoot. I'll work on composition and hopefully I have nicer photos soon. Thanks for your feedback
 
#1 not quite architectural
#2 Not quite portraiture
#3 Not abstract enough
#4 Not quite landscape
 
This was done about 2 years ago, when I just got started and was using a point and shoot. I'll work on composition and hopefully I have nicer photos soon. Thanks for your feedback
Doing a long and thorough product on composition basics can be a lot of fun and a great challenge to do over and over and over... You'll always see something new in it! Have fun!
 
#1 not quite architectural
#2 Not quite portraiture
#3 Not abstract enough
#4 Not quite landscape

I'm sorry, I didn't really catch that. MLeek mentioned something about composition which I could work on, but if your idea of good photography is from the websites, I'm afraid to say I haven't hit that standard yet.
 
I think what he's saying is that you aren't defining your images to say something. They are snaps of things that aren't quite falling into any category but a snap. You have an eye and you know what you want to capture, but you haven't gotten the knowledge to capture those different parts of photography completely yet.

This site is great for very short, terse comments like that. They're usually posted when the user is in a time crunch and we tend to assume way to much about what the receiving person will be able to know from the 'shorthand' kind of comments. You'll get used to it. Just ask for more help or explanation and usually someone or even the OP will help you out.
 
These are snapshots. I suggest studying other photography on here and other sources. Look at what makes a good artistic composition. Don't even worry about detailed lighting right now...look at what makes a well-balanced, interesting composition. Good luck
 
charlie76- Thank y'a and i'll do my best.
 
I really like how the distant clock tower is seen in the last image of the first set
 
I swear that wasn't intentional. I didn't really know how to use the interface, and ended up attaching images twice over and removing duplicates
 
#1 not quite architectural
#2 Not quite portraiture
#3 Not abstract enough
#4 Not quite landscape

I'm sorry, I didn't really catch that. MLeek mentioned something about composition which I could work on, but if your idea of good photography is from the websites, I'm afraid to say I haven't hit that standard yet.

I know almost nothing of websites. My formal education may have something to do with it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom