Need some input - post processing help

suki

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey folks! Been a while since I've posted here but have continued with taking pics and working on figuring out my "style". I'm sort of at a stand still right now. Like most newbs I went through the vignette (sp) phase, the soft blur phase, b/w everything phase, over saturating, etc...

I kind of feel like I'm running out of mojo to find creative ways to make a photo pop and thought I'd check and see what suggestions you all may have.

This photo, I can't think of any way to make it stand out. I know it's soft in some areas, I'm still figuring out how to focus outside of Auto mode. (I've read my manual and have become familiar with selecting my AF points manually, setting it to all or just a select few)

Any ideas? I tried playing with the saturation, but while i love the color of the sky and wheat, his skin tone becomes orange. This pic is already edited a bit.

TIA

IMG_7162.jpg

You're using Photoshop Elements 6. Are you using layers? Do you know how to select an object in the picture? Do you have a good Photoshop Elements 6 book to help you with advanced post processing techniques? There are ways to do this so that you can just adjust the color of the sky but not affect anything of the baby. Try checking out some of the YouTube video tutorials.

Last edited:
ahh layers, a buddy of mine told me to get more familiar with using layers as well so it looks like i'll be reading up more on that.

thanks!

Most reactions

Back