Needing for Comments and Critiques.

Maybe it's just too much "me" but I don't like her hands on her face or near her face in every pose. Looks kinda flakey. WB issues, busy backgrounds need work too. Keep shooting.

jwbryson1 said:
Maybe it's just too much "me" but I don't like her hands on her face or near her face in every pose. Looks kinda flakey. WB issues, busy backgrounds need work too. Keep shooting.

Thanks mate :)
Anyway it's not she he's a HE :p hehe

Is it me or are you the model in many of your flickr photos?

In response to cgipson1:

Being paid once or twice or even a few times does not mean a person is trying to represent themselves as a professional.

For example...I have a degree in music, and on many occasions I've been paid to play (weddings, funerals, concerts, and many church services). However, I am not a professional because that isn't my profession. I am not making a living playing music and I don't advertise myself as a professional. That doesn't mean I don't strive for professionalism any time I play, but because it's not my profession, I will not play as well as if it was my profession. That doesn't mean I shouldn't be paid for my time. I put a lot of time, effort, and money in getting to where I am and if someone feels that I am able to provide the quality that they desire, they may pay me. It might not be the same quality as if they hired a true professional, but then again, I'm not as expensive as a truly professional musician.

Another example...let's say by some dumb luck I were to take a photo that someone wanted to buy, there's no reason I shouldn't sell it, even if the rest of my photos are complete junk. It doesn't make me a professional by any means, and as long as I don't advertise myself as such, there's nothing wrong with that.

If someone wants to pay the original OP to take some photographs, there's nothing wrong with that as long as the OP isn't misleading as to the quality of the work. If the person has seen samples of the quality of the OP's work and feels it deserves payment, what's wrong with that?

Why put down an amateur photographer simply because someone else feels their time is worth payment simply because you yourself wouldn't pay for it?

RxForB3 said:
In response to cgipson1:

Being paid once or twice or even a few times does not mean a person is trying to represent themselves as a professional.

For example...I have a degree in music, and on many occasions I've been paid to play (weddings, funerals, concerts, and many church services). However, I am not a professional because that isn't my profession. I am not making a living playing music and I don't advertise myself as a professional. That doesn't mean I don't strive for professionalism any time I play, but because it's not my profession, I will not play as well as if it was my profession. That doesn't mean I shouldn't be paid for my time. I put a lot of time, effort, and money in getting to where I am and if someone feels that I am able to provide the quality that they desire, they may pay me. It might not be the same quality as if they hired a true professional, but then again, I'm not as expensive as a truly professional musician.

Another example...let's say by some dumb luck I were to take a photo that someone wanted to buy, there's no reason I shouldn't sell it, even if the rest of my photos are complete junk. It doesn't make me a professional by any means, and as long as I don't advertise myself as such, there's nothing wrong with that.

If someone wants to pay the original OP to take some photographs, there's nothing wrong with that as long as the OP isn't misleading as to the quality of the work. If the person has seen samples of the quality of the OP's work and feels it deserves payment, what's wrong with that?

Why put down an amateur photographer simply because someone else feels their time is worth payment simply because you yourself wouldn't pay for it?

Thanks for those kind words :) don't worry I don't feel offended :) You guys can say whatever you wanna say cause I've given you permission when I asked you to criticize my works :) cheers!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back