Negative Scanner for Mac around $200?

Cinka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm going to back into film for fun art projects and just got a Holga (yay!). I figure, for me to be proactive about it, I should get a negative scanner - that way I won't sit on the negatives for months/years.

Can anyone recommend a negative scanner for around $200? I've been looking and they all seem to be semi-low quality. I really can't afford anything else ATM, but would like decent quality. And like most people, I have tons of old negatives in the closet I'd like to scan. Must also work with Mac.

Thanks!!

... You just said two things that eliminate my suggestion, lol. Mac and Holga.

I like the OpticFilm scanners, but I don't think they're compatible with Mac, and they only scan 35mm.

For medium format under $200, you're probably going to be looking at a flatbed with film capabilities...

* Medium format dedicated scanners are fairly expensive... Nikon 9000 for example.
* Optic Film scanners 7300 and later support Mac (as I recall). I am not fan of plustek.
* The other option are flatbed scanners designed for photographic film. They are all pretty low performers ~except~ one. The V-series from Epson. V700 has proven to be a very competitive product.

remember... buying a scanner is like buy a DSLR. and so is the cost.

Most reactions

Back