neutral density filter for my lens

echoyjeff222

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, need a suggestion for an affordable but good quality neutral density filter for my tamron 24-70mm (82mm diameter). I purchased a cheap one off amazon but was left with vignettes in the corners. Thanks.

Define "affordable" in your terms. I go by brand-name rather than price. Lee, Singh-Ray, B+W and Heliopan are the names I trust.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Never seen/heard of that model before for $104 at Amazon
FYI, it only costs $89 at B&H
I've found Amazon vendors raises the prices to cover the amazon charges and free shipping. You can find many things for less $$ at other vendors also depending upon shipping costs if not free.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
D'ohhh... sorry, completely missed that critical little bit of info. Yes, you need the 82mm which is unfortunately both a large size filter and an oddball (uncommon) one.

D'ohhh... sorry, completely missed that critical little bit of info. Yes, you need the 82mm which is unfortunately both a large size filter and an oddball (uncommon) one.
I'm really only using this for water/sky effects. I've read that variable ND filters tend to produce greater vignetting, so that's why I was leaning toward the 6 stop filter.

Best way I have found to avoid most vignetting is to go BIG. Thats why I use square/rectangular filters, the Lee SW150 series. It the 24-70 is the widest you have then a 100mm size might do the trick. Depends on the holder. The nice thing about a square/rectangular system is you can easily use them on virtually every lens you own.

Best way I have found to avoid most vignetting is to go BIG. Thats why I use square/rectangular filters, the Lee SW150 series. It the 24-70 is the widest you have then a 100mm size might do the trick. Depends on the holder. The nice thing about a square/rectangular system is you can easily use them on virtually every lens you own.
How spendy is such a kit?

From Lee quite expensive. You might look into the Haida system. I have heard good things about them and have heard they are a less expensive option.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back