Never introduced myself...

cnote2k4

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I'm cnote, I will be new to this photography thing...My interest is coming along due to me wanting another camera for a trip I'm planning & the camera I wanted my friend told me to just get a slr, well if I'm going to get a slr I may as well take classes to learn how to use this camera...So with all that said, I'll be purchasing a Nikon D5100 next month & my class starts in Feb...until then I'm lurking around the boards, reading.

welcome im new also. i must say though the d5100 is a great starter camera. i bought mine as my first dslr and love it. i use it all the time, i find it can do a lot for an entry level dslr and having the same image sensor as the 7000 makes it take pretty good sharp images also. the kit lens is decent, but i have 3 other ones because i plan to upgrade to a full frame dslr soon. the good thing is you can invest in good lens then if you want to step up to a better camera then you can, and you can buy a body only and have lens already

just remember if you want to go full frame buy lens that are not DX. dx lens will fix on fx cameras and backwards compatable, but, really dx series lens are better suited to stay on the dx cameras, because of the crop multiplier

I can't say that I'll upgrade, I don't want to go pro

yeah, i didnt think so at first, i guess i got addicted. i think im addicted to new hobbies...

My friend swears I'll go pro cus I'll get addicted...but I really don't think so

Most reactions

New Topics

Back