New 27"imac screen

usayit said:
Which is something you should have pointed out since getting a mac mini instead of an imac is not a direct replacement... Mr I work for Apple.

Well, I suggested the mini, and also a Mac pro as well. Plus, you can custom configure them. You can get the dc i7 for it, with 8g of ram. It may not be exact, but I feel that it could easily get the job done. Like I said- that's the set up I have in my Mbp only with half the ram- and I've simultaneously run logic pro, adobe after effects, safari, and bridge without any problem. Op just said they were not wanting a glossy screen iMac. I suggested every other option.

usayit said:
Which is something you should have pointed out since getting a mac mini instead of an imac is not a direct replacement... Mr I work for Apple.

And sure, you can get 16gb of ram in the new iMac, however I don't really think that you'd need that much for most things.

usayit said:

And sure, you can get 16gb of ram in the new iMac, however I don't really think that you'd need that much for most things.

Spoken like a person that doesn't have a 27' iMac with 16gb of ram. I do, and I would not have it any less after using it. I can muliti task to my hearts content and never even see a bit of slow down. Nothing like processing video in the background while working in CS5 for saving time.

usayit said:

Spoken like a person that doesn't have a 27' iMac with 16gb of ram. I do, and I would not have it any less after using it. I can muliti task to my hearts content and never even see a bit of slow down. Nothing like processing video in the background while working in CS5 for saving time.

LOL I know what you mean. I just mean that you don't NEED it. I would love to have one, and have gotten the chance to use one. But thats where the Mac Pro comes into play :D

Most reactions

Back