New around these parts

RunJZ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Good Afternoon all,

I am pretty new to the forum and would consider myself new to the world of DSLR photography. (16 months or so). I enjoy photography of all types and BW photography always catches my eye. I really look forward to seeing all of your thoughts and hopeful learning a bit along the way.

an image I caught a few months back. Feel free to critique as I am far from a pro at this stuff.

Last edited:
Welcome, I like the shot alot, the reflection is real cool!

Welcome aboard.

Welcome welcome! As I'm sure you will find, there are many great opinions available from many different folks on this forum. I've learned a tremendous amount using the resources here!

As for the c&c you requested. I really like the image, it's a neat concept! Two things I think might work a little better here would be one, I wish there was a little more space between the subjects and the left side of the frame, then also removing some of the space at the bottom of the frame. Secondly, I think a slightly shallower DOF might help, because if the subjects were just slightly OOF, and the reflection is sharp, it would help draw the eye to the reflection, which I assume is where you wanted the focus to be.

Just my thoughts, and again, welcome!

Nice shot all around. The only thing I have, which Crimbfighter pointed out, I wish you had just a little more room on the left.

Love the idea here! Agree with more space to the left. Welcome!

Very nice...the strong vertical creates some serious tension for me. I'm not sure why...perhaps it's the subject on the edge of the frame...I think I would like to see him with more of a buffer so I don't feel like he's about to fall right out. That's all I got!!! I love the shot!

Thanks all. I appreciate the C&C's. This shot was completely unplanned. The subjects are Sis and BIL. We had just turned on to a county-ish road and were passing a gravel pull off. Something out the spot really stuck out. BIL is very proud of his new truck and it was all shined up. Sun was setting and it seemed right. I talked them into a quick shoot focusing on a "pretty truck/Pretty couple" shot. We shot two quick poses with them looking all country and then I turned around and could see them clearly in the trucks reflection. Then this shot came to mind.

Since processing it a few months ago, I have decided u really want to knock the edge off his pants. They are always starched and I guess that makes them pop out bad with any sharpening. I believe that is where the vertical tension comes from. I need to look back because I believe I shot it at two or three Fstops because the concept was all brand new to me.

Regardless, I appreciate the welcome as well as the C&C's.

I have tinkered with a shot like this one other time and have decided that it takes a vehicle that has an OCD owner to get a reflection that can actually be made out half decent. Just as an FYI to those that may try a shot similar to it.

Nice "entry", welcome here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back