New Avatar...

srinaldo86

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not really that big of a Canon vs. Nikon kinda guy but the idea came into my head while driving the other day after seeing all these Calvin's peeing on Nikon.

"I wouldn't even piss on it if it was on fire."

My avatar was born.

I hear Bill Watterson is pretty disgusted about how often Calvin is misused.

Eh, kind of silly, Why not use your best photo?

Silly Tulsa, don't you know people who despise Nikon are busy thinking up new ways to demonstrate their dislike and don't have time to take pictures.

Silly Tulsa, don't you know people who despise Nikon are busy thinking up new ways to demonstrate their dislike and don't have time to take pictures.

Ahh, I now understand:sexywink:

I am not even sure if I understand the avatar. Are you pro or anti Nikon?

I own a Canon, but if a great deal on Nikon gear came around, I wouldnt hesitate to buy it.

I took from the avatar that if he were to see a Nikon on fire, he wouldn't pee on it, extinguishing the fire :p

I wouldnt pee on it either, That requires exposure waay too close to the flame, the question is, would he use a water hose?

best? heh I use one of my worst ;)
(ok its better than my "forgot to check shutter speed" and "the flash ran out of battery power" examples but still its pretty low on the list)

You'll have to belive me for now (I actually can't find it on my computer and it was never good enough for flickr).

Suffice to say it works well at 100 pixels - fullsize its a lot lot lot softer. 70-200mm f2.8 IS L + 2 * teleconverter shot wide open right up close (pretty much at the min focusing distance).

I took from the avatar that if he were to see a Nikon on fire, he wouldn't pee on it, extinguishing the fire :p
Correct!

HOWEVER!

I am not truly an "anti-Nikon" guy. If I was offered a nice Nikon camera I would leap at it. I just thought it was a funny idea so I went with it.

The phrase "I wouldn't piss on ________ if it was on fire" is just a very redneck way of showing disdain for something or someone.

I think all the anti-(insert brand names) avatars are pretty childish. In the end, it doesn't matter what gear you have if your pictures suck. :lmao:

I think all the anti-(insert brand names) avatars are pretty childish. In the end, it doesn't matter what gear you have if your pictures suck. :lmao:

I agree.

Do you think writers get into arguments about whether Microsoft Word or iWork is better? They are just tools. The easy part is buying the camera and fancy lenses, even if you are dirt poor. Learning the art of photography is the difficult part. Wacking off your equipment is easy.

:p

p.s. no one has really addressed your avatar in a direct way. I think you did a good job of assembling the elements, but it doesn't read very clear to me. Calvin's relationship to the flaming Nikon text feels ambiguous--I don't know whether he is really jazzed about Nikon or doesn't like it. I think it would be really challenging to make it reflect the 'red neck' expression. You might need to add some text.

Last edited:
Do you think writers get into arguments about whether Microsoft Word or iWork is better? They are just tools. The easy part is buying the camera and fancy lenses, even if you are dirt poor. Learning the art of photography is the difficult part. Wacking off your equipment is easy.

You clearly haven't been to many writers forums ;)
Artists will argue about paints, brushes, paper, canvus and more
Writers will argue about pens and writing locations
Drivers will argue about wheels, exhausts, and vroomynoise

And don't get started on the horseriders - esp the rich snobby stort

oh and then there is PC or mac - PS3 or Xbox --

face it - humans love to disagree :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back