New Born Baby Shoot

kennysghost

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Guys.

My Sister asked me to a shoot of my New born niece..(born 11 Jan 2012). I have never done anything like this..
Do you guys have some pointers for me?

Thanks

Look through various online portfolios to get inspiration of what to shoot.
I assume you are shooting at her place? Move furniture to get good natural light from the windows
I personally hate all the tacky sh!t that maternity shots are (blocks with the name, heart over belly,... bla bla bla) but I also recognize that these are things that the client may want. So I do some, just not many ;)
Know your equipment. Rent good equipment if you need
Hotshoe flash can help if bounced or diffused
Have fun!!!

thanks for the input..

I had a look only and got some Ideas on what I want to do... Looking FW to this shoot!

I personally hate all the tacky sh!t that maternity shots are (blocks with the name, heart over belly,... bla bla bla) but I also recognize that these are things that the client may want.

I think he's a day late and a dollar short for this one. Seems the baby is already born. I agree with taking a look through other photographers portfolios though. You can get a lot of inspiration from looking at others work. Ask her to do the same to see what she is wanting you to do. Designer baby clothes and baby pictures by Anne Geddes has some nice HQ shots. Many photogs specialize in this area. You'll also need to work on the baby's schedule. At this age, you'll probably have more luck taking some pics while baby is sleeping, b/c otherwise, all you're going to get is eating and some crying. Good luck. You might check into some nice props too.

Most reactions

Back