New camera! Flash already broken?!

MK3Brent

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got my new DSLR!
I'm really upset though, most of my pics were coming out really dark. I pushed the flash button but it's not working. :(
I'm pretty good at photography, and my old camera had a great flash on it. I'm really disappointed, the guy at best buy said this camera was really good, but the flash isn't popping up like my other camera.

IMAG0431.jpg

I am assuming this is a serious question?
Is your flash turned off in the menu somewhere? What camera did you purchase? Can you post an image with all of it's exif data intact?

What brand is it? I bet I can guess! ;)

It looks like a Nikon. Maybe a D3000 or D5000.

If you are using one of the scene modes be aware that some of them will not allow flash as I recall. I could be wrong, it's been a while since I read that part of the manual and I've never used any of them.

It is, of course, possible that it's broken. If so that's what warranties are for.

You mean they forgot to put the flash in your new camera? Better send it back with a sternly worded letter to Nikon about their shoddy QC department!

You mean they forgot to put the flash in your new camera? Better send it back with a sternly worded letter to Nikon about their shoddy QC department!
You serious!? :(

LOL... sounds almost as bad as the person that bought my Canon 1DMKIIN and called me asking how to turn the flash on.

LOL... sounds almost as bad as the person that bought my Canon 1DMKIIN and called me asking how to turn the flash on.
So anyway... guess I'll shoot the wedding this weekend with my backup coolpix body. :(

Can I copy JPEG's from my coolpix to my i-phone to use instagram? Or do they make a web based version I can use externally?

Most reactions

Back