New Camera Help

er111a

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
er111a.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need ideas for a new camera I perfer cannons and price range between 500-900$ and of course a slr thank you for the help

just out of curiosity, why the canon preference?

not trying to start a canon vs nikon vs sony vs pentax vs olympus vs kodak vs polaroid vs hassel vs leica vs casio war...just wondering since youre coming from a P&S what made you want to go canon. do you or someone you know have some lenses available? that would be awesome if that were the case...get a head start on glass. :thumbup:

I perfer [sic] cannons [sic]

I think they mean "I prefer Canons".

Cannons is a weapon.

Canon makes good cameras. Nikon makes a little bit better cameras right now.

SLR Digital Cameras Here are the current new (not used) Canon cameras in your price range

Gotta love the Internet. I went to B & H Photo Video's web site, clicked on Cameras > Digital cameras > SLR's > Canon > $500 to $999 and it made the list I posted.

Is that price for just the body or body+lens? Check out the t1i or 450d if you don't want to buy used. 40d is a great camera if you don't want brand new. Not a canon guy so I'm not really sure about much else. GL!
tj

not trying to start a canon vs nikon vs sony vs pentax vs olympus vs kodak vs polaroid vs hassel vs leica vs casio war...just wondering since youre coming from a P&S what made you want to go canon. do you or someone you know have some lenses available? that would be awesome if that were the case...get a head start on glass. :thumbup:
I thinkit might just be his starter camera, for example, i started with canon, im not going to suddenly go out and buy a d3000, it wouldnt suit me especially since im used to Canon, idk, just preference.

jw, why do you need a new camera?

double edit: just whore yourself for a couple nights and buy a mark III :)

I thinkit might just be his starter camera, for example, i started with canon, im not going to suddenly go out and buy a d3000, it wouldnt suit me especially since im used to Canon, idk, just preference.

jw, why do you need a new camera?

double edit: just whore yourself for a couple nights and buy a mark III :)
lol I just noticed you are from va 2 thats cool and because the camera I have been using is a school camera and I finally have enough money to buy my own

just always have used canon, I know they work for me and I like them btw I was looking at the canon xsi, is that a good camera?

why Canon? Nikon is great too ;)

In your range your looking at:

Nikon D90 (used)
Nikon D5000
Nikon D80 (used, obviously)

Canon 450D
Canon T1i
Canon 40D (used)

As said before, are you looking for a lens+body or body only? Give us some more information so we can help you out.

Out of all of those I would go D90 (ignoring that you want a canon:lol:) it has the best image quality out of all of them.

Nikon D90 (used)
Nikon D5000

Canon 450D
Canon T1i
Canon 40D (used)

As said before, are you looking for a lens+body or body only? Give us some more information so we can help you out.

Out of all of those I would go D90 (ignoring that you want a canon:lol:) it has the best image quality out of all of them.
lens and body

Nikon D90 (used)
Nikon D5000

Canon 450D
Canon T1i
Canon 40D (used)

lens and body

Here are your new canon options:

Canon XSI Kit

Canon T1i kit w/18-135

Canon T1i w/18-55

I say If you really love canon go 40D USED.

But why Canon? Why not Nikon? Have you held a Nikon in real life?

Nikon D90 (used)
Nikon D5000

Canon 450D
Canon T1i
Canon 40D (used)

lens and body

Here are your new canon options:

Canon XSI Kit

Canon T1i kit w/18-135

Canon T1i w/18-55

I say If you really love canon go 40D USED.

But why Canon? Why not Nikon? Have you held a Nikon in real life?
nope I have always used nothing but canon

JW have you used an slr before? It might be helpful if you just went to a camera store or even the local best buy and picked up a nikon and a canon. See what feels good and then find one that's in your price range. GL
tj

Not sure if I'm much help, but I just picked up my Canon EOS Rebel XS yesterday. It came with a EF-S 18-55 mm lens for about $600. This being the cheapest in the Canon Rebel lineup. I'm extremely new to photography in general, but expecially with anything more than a cheap digital camera (this being my first SLR), so maybe I'm easily impressed but I love this camera. It feels great to hold and comes with tons of features I've yet to really explore. I've been taking lots of pictures and the results so far have been amazing. Like I said, I'm new (this is even my first post), but I'm very satisfied with this purchase.

JW have you used an slr before? It might be helpful if you just went to a camera store or even the local best buy and picked up a nikon and a canon. See what feels good and then find one that's in your price range. GL
tj
yes TJ I have been using a canon XTI rebel for the last 4 months now

Most reactions

Back