New camera

Mo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.themotec.com
I just got my brand new pentax *istDS2 to accompany my collection of 20+ pentax lenses! I'm going to post sample photos soon. Anyone else use pentax SLR's here?

Congratulations on the purchase Mo. I recently upgraded to the IST DS and am very happy with it. I'm not sure exactly what the differences are between the two, but I would guess them to be very minimal (as is the case of the differences b/w the D, DS, DL). Haven't had any trouble with it, and find it very easy to use, having had the ist film version for a while.
Hope ya like it.

Mo said:
Anyone else use pentax SLR's here?

Film ones yep, I too have a whole bunch of lenses that are crying out to be stuck on a DSLR. I am not green with envy. Green wouldn't cover it; no colour in the spectrum is sufficient to describe my envy. :drool: Nice one.

Changes to the DS2 are actually pretty big.

Many functions that could be manual on the D were only available in programs on the DS. On the DS2, however, there is the option of going manual again (i.e. AF.C/AF.S) but often via the menu. There is also a photo editing program in the camera, and a 2.5 inch screen has been implemented. The DS2 can take up to 7 images in a row; the software has been improved as well. There are many new minor functions, and a fully automatic flash (changed since D)

BTW why did some1 move this? Not really a Q and A lol.

Edit: The DL is worse because it has a different viewfinder from the others, allowing less light using worse elements, and that equals a cheap camera :)

I also noticed that the AF motor is more silent and much faster than in the D :D

Mo, thanks for all that info, I always wanted to know more about *istDS. I use two film AF Pentax bodies, the PZ-10 and PZ-20 with the PZ-10 being the back up body. Have about 7 lenses and love shooting with it. I might give it a try, although I am a sworn film guy.:lol:

I always wanted to know more about *istDS

DS2!! :D

I have also been taking a bunch of pictures with film (using the SuperProgram) until now, yet I find digital SLRs to be a lot more convenient. Film definitely has better quality, however. (I have many MF lenses for pentax inculding the 15mm K, the 35-105 F/3.5 A, and the 400mm F/5.6 A)

It terms of diigtal, I've also been using the casio exilim EX-P600.

Mo said:
Anyone else use pentax SLR's here?
One old ME exclusively for infrared, and one MZ-S. They share the 4 prime lenses. Works great in the field.

I love film; I do alt processes that require negatives so I doubt I'll have a need for a digicam. :)

That was my first pentax camera! I also have the ME, MX, K2, LX, SuperP, SuperA, and the Spotmatic(II).

I love the DS2, but I still use the above from time to time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back