New Camera

LadybearHilde

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've been looking and looking and couldn't make up my mind (actually couldn't bit the bullet on the $$) when my husband bought me the Canon Rebel SLR as an early anniversary present. After the initial stunned moment LOL opened the box and these are a few of the first shots. Haven't made it to the beach yet ... but soon :)

Tulip_0017.jpg

Azelea_0019.jpg

Azelea_0018.jpg

Cross_0001.jpg

Platter_0002.jpg

Azelea_0027.jpg

Azelea_0026.jpg

Good luck with the new camera. These are great for 'out of the box' shots. I find the compostion of the ones with the silver plate interesting.

I assume that you have some photog experience though, right? These are really good pics. I agree that the plate shots are interesting, and while I'm not a big flower fan, I really like the first pic...particularly the DOF. I would suggest (if you're looking for it...if not, just stop reading here :) ) maybe boosting the contrast a little to make the flower pop out a little...but that's just a minor thing.

Congrats on the camera and happy anniversary!

Thank you all. The lense came with the camera, it's a 18-55mm. Not real experienced outside the family gathering happy snaps and my own strolls with a camera attached, but planning to learn a lot more. It's something I've always loved since the first day I was handed a 35mm camera and started shooting. You see life differently thru a lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back