Forest

cillie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.prophotography.co.za
I've been staring at this photo for too long. I need need an opinion other than my own.

I would love some CC.

This was shot in the Knysna forest, South Africa.

IMG_6317a.jpg

getting that rock in was smart :thumbup:

i love the comp. the ripples in the water add a nice touch as well, but the overall scene appears to bright IMO.

That looks like a nice spot :) Interesting shot - what's causing the red colour in the water? There's a patch of sky at the top that is blown out which is drawing my eye a little too much, away from the water, but I like the lushness of it, nice GREEEN (psst LaFoto!)

I like it. You got some awesome colours, and the scene is very calm, but appealing. Nicely done.

the top right is too bright. If you shot it in raw adjust your exposure value. If not I would try to play with the curves to get that section back in range. if it wasn't for the upper right hand corner the shot would be good, unfortunately, like we all experience, sometimes a small thing can ruin a shot. I too like the rock although I feel the focus could be sharper on it.

Well, Puzzle, although you said "Psst, LaFoto", I found this one :D :greenpbl:
Or was I meant to find it?

Anyhow, here I am, and I agree with others on the too bright spot in the upper right corner. If all else fails, you might crop in from above just so you only retain the blue part of the sky in your frame and a bit from the right, but only so much so you keep that rock with the tiny bit of grass on it (that fascinates me most about that rock, mind ;) --- could it be because grass is green ??? :scratch: )

Have you done anything about the saturation or is the green this lush where you are? If is then I won't be able to stop saying "Wow!"

Great shot the hot spot doesn't bother me and I love the colours. It almost looks like an actions of some sort was used on the picture.--Lenny

not a whole lot else I can add. I like the pic a lot, and I agree with JonMikal that keeping the rock was a good choice.

I, too, am not overly concerned about the blown sky, and LaFoto makes a good suggesting about cropping from the top if you are concerned about it.

It's so interesting the variations that you find in Africa. I mean, most of the pics you see are of desert and mud and starving children, but there is also so much fertile and lush parts that we just ignore (not that we should be ignoring the bad areas, but it's nice to see nice images as well, ya know?). I've always wanted to go to South Africa, and if this is what awaits me, I'm definitely going.

Thanks for posting the picture!

Thanks for all the comments. I did quite a bit of post processing on this photo. I kinda like the hot spot because it's the first thing that catch your eye when you look at the pic. Your eye then follow the brighter line down the middle of the pic to the little piece of green grass at the bottom which is the "focus point" then back up to the trees. Do you also think so or is it just my imagination?

I think this would have benefited greatly from the use of a polarizing filter. It would have taken the glare off of the water as well as the leaves.

Thanks for all the comments. I did quite a bit of post processing on this photo. I kinda like the hot spot because it's the first thing that catch your eye when you look at the pic. Your eye then follow the brighter line down the middle of the pic to the little piece of green grass at the bottom which is the "focus point" then back up to the trees. Do you also think so or is it just my imagination?

I can see where you are going with that...and it does kind of work in that way. Although, I find that with this type of image (strong grounding object in the foreground), that my eye starts at the bottom and 'walks' into the image. It follows the stream and then up the trees to the hot spot. Now my eye wants to move around the rest of the image but it's hard to escape the hot spot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back