New Canon

but consider how the price of a used 5d ii will change when the 5d III comes out.... It makes no sense to buy it now. Also, you haven't stated what the 60d isn't doing other then it is not a full frame sensor.

Cant speak for Schwetty, who knows what his camera is doing........., but I have 2 Mkii's and have never had a problem ESPECIALLY after micro adjusting my lenses. That said, for planned landscape shots, I always focus manually, but for non planned shots, I have not had a problems with autofocus on either of the mkii's.

Most of the recent landscapes you will see in my fine art image gallery on my site were shot with mkii's and with a 16-35 or 24-70
Doing what I do, I doubt I will ever buy a crop body again especially now that the mkiii will do more.
I do have a 7d though and it is great for portraits and sports, events and such, but I seldom take it landscaping unless there is wildlife expected.

There's nothing wrong with m 60d. I'm just looking to get a new camera, full frame, and keep the 60d as a back up. So it's not that the 60d can't do something I'm just in the market for a new camera and am looking at the 5d.
So what I'm getting is that the 5d is mainly only good for portrait or landscape. So like an event like a wedding you guys wouldn't use the 5d?

I absolutely use my 5d2 at weddings. That's what it's aimed at. Otherwise? It rarely gets out of the gear locker. You get used to it's shortcomings for focus in weddings. If you are in a low light/low contrast situation you just compensate and use the center focus point with a larger aperture than you normally would to allow for focus and recompose.

Schwettylens said:
The autofocus sucks. I miss so many focus when I do weddings. It sucks. 5Dc is the same way but at least it is a lot cheaper.

5D II is an awesome camera for portrait. If you get into low light photography like weddings.. it blows.

Blows as in crappy? Or blows weddings out the water ?

Crappy. I have to keep using my AF assist with my flash. Kinda hard to capture candid moment!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back