New Car

What does that have for a gearbox? Paddles?

Ack. No. I'd never have bought it if it did. My wife was trying to convince me it was "the same thing" (and she even drives a stick so she should know better!) Frankly, I don't think she has ever tried her little paddle things in her car.

So anyway, no... standard clutch/stick "rowing" type transmission.

Ha. TPF is now showing me banners for a new Acura MDX. :lol:

I'm getting banners for GMC trucks... you might be a redneck if....

:lol:

Oh and Mr. Rabbit messed with the computer to remove limiters etc...

I like Mr. Rabbit. I like him muchly. :)

OMG OMG! A site moderator broke a TPF rule!!!

Congrats on the new purchase! That car looks sweet!

Thanks.

And crap on the site rule. :lol: I was like "uhhh... what site rule?"

Don't worry, someone will report me. :p

Ack. No. I'd never have bought it if it did. My wife was trying to convince me it was "the same thing" (and she even drives a stick so she should know better!) Frankly, I don't think she has ever tried her little paddle things in her car.

Good man. Automatics are for the weak.

Good man. Automatics are for the weak.

Totally... though have you noticed that the number of available manual tranny cars is dropping like a rock???

Add to that that I REQUIRE AWD... and my options get limited quickly.

Totally... though have you noticed that the number of available manual tranny cars is dropping like a rock???

Add to that that I REQUIRE AWD... and my options get limited quickly.

Agreed. I have the same requirements and really it's audis or subarus. Didn't know Acura made AWD.

Yeah though there are a few...

Audi has pretty much every car available in quattro, but they're pricey.
BMW has a number of Xdrive options... though no 1 series X-drive which sucks... oh and pricey.
Subaru, as you mentioned.
Mitsubishi has some.
Volkswagen has the Golf R.
Acura has the TL.
Mini has the clubman, but I don't know if it's available in manual. Oh and it's stupid. :)

Ummmmmm... for stick/awd, I think that may be it?

Yeah though there are a few...

Audi has pretty much every car available in quattro, but they're pricey.
BMW has a number of Xdrive options... though no 1 series X-drive which sucks... oh and pricey.
Subaru, as you mentioned.
Mitsubishi has some.
Volkswagen has the Golf R.
Acura has the TL.
Mini has the clubman, but I don't know if it's available in manual. Oh and it's stupid. :)

Ummmmmm... for stick/awd, I think that may be it?

You forgot Porsche! Course that's not very realistic for me.

It may have the specs, but a sedan will always look like a sedan....... tame and lame and :eek:ldman:

Tough luck on the hot hatch. My Si has 175k miles on it and only burns about a quart between oil changes.

It may have the specs, but a sedan will always look like a sedan....... tame and lame and :eek:ldman:

Tough luck on the hot hatch. My Si has 175k miles on it and only burns about a quart between oil changes.

Yup I can't argue that. This is me deciding is time to grow up a little. We have another toy planned to offset the old man thing a bit though. :)

Congrats nice car.

My Audi TT Quattro 01 was the same... expensive to maintain... PITA to work on (if I so inclined). Damn thing had an engine failure at 65k. I've had s%$t junkers that lasted longer.

It was fun while it lasted... have to admit. Unfortunately, it ruined my taste for German car ownership.... and I like German cars.

My killer car was an '84 Lancia Beta. It was a Fiat block but with Lancia's head on top. The mechanic's labor charge was $20 per hour more for that engine over a Fiat, back then. When it rained, it leaked like a sieve. The Italian electrics were worse than the Brit's (my first car was a '72 MG Midget and that is another story to tell). But goddamn, she looked sexy and ran like a scalded rabbit. I outran Camaros and the like up to ~115mph in a straight-line and could easily take a 35mph curve at 60. I shed a tear or two when I let her go. The first wife..... not so much.

Worse than a midget... that's scary.

BTW, picked up the car tonight.

WOW... is this thing a hell of a nice car. I mean wow.

And wear it as cologne so people ask me "HEY DID YOU JUST GET A NEW CAR??" ??

Worse than a midget... that's scary.

BTW, picked up the car tonight.

WOW... is this thing a hell of a nice car. I mean wow.

Light up the tires?

Most reactions

Back