New D300s owner

Texas Parrothead

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, so a lot of people will probably think I am crazy.....but I just bought a D300s yesterday. Yes I bought this just before Nikon is expected to announce the new D400 but here is my thinking and the deal I got on the camera. Deal: Got is used on ebay for $950 (is this a good price....i think it is ok for a used D300s) It has approx. 5k actuations and is in perfect mechanical and cosmetic condition. Bought from original owner who used it as a back up to his (2) D700's. Thinking: I have never owned a profesional grade camera body before. I currently have a D90 and used to have a D80. I plan to use the the D300s while we wait for the announcement of the D400 and also wait until the D400 hits the market and we find out it's strengths and any potential weaknesses. I would rather not buy the first run of the new body in case there are any issues that need to be worked out. I figure I will use this for about a year and then maybe sell it for the D400. I am very excited about my new pro grade body and love how it feels in my hands (based on holding them in the store). My new to me D300s is set to be delivered next Wednesday so now I just need to wait. On a side note I figure I proabably won't be able to get back what I paid for it in a year but what would everyone's best guess be on the value of a D300s in excellent condition once the D400 comes out (assuming the D400 has no issues). Thanks all!

good deal and welcome. just sold one for quite a bit more than that ;)

The D300s is a great body, enjoy!

It's a great camera body. I have 2 of the D300. I sold a 15,000 shutter count D300 for $950 just a few months ago.

With the D300s, you still don't yet have a professional grade camera, but you also don't have an entry-level camera either.

Most reactions

Back