New d40.. C&C please :)

ncstater1919

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey I finally decided to get the d40...great choice. so i was taking pictures outside, but these were the only ones i liked. let me know what you think!

DSC_0265.jpg

DSC_0312.jpg

DSC_0314.jpg

DSC_0330.jpg

I love B&W so my favorite is #4 no doubt (and the best composition wise also)
#2 the dog is outta focus
#3 is okay but not the whole dog is in focus either (don't know if you wanted that or not)
#1 I have mixed emotions about this one

Keep trying

1) Nothing to say about this one, really.
2) Focus!!! ;)
3) Looks cool, I like the wide angle effect and I assume you were aiming to have the dog's body out of the focus
4) Nice, but I'd like to see it with a shallower depth of field (something you'd get at f/2.8, maybe) and perhaps a bit more contrast. That said, I'm guessing you only have the kit lens, which won't be able to achieve this.

1) Not really feeling it
2) having the subject moving towards you always makes focusing hard. When shooting your (I assume he's yours) dog, or any moving subject, make sure to have the focus set to AF-C for continuous focus
3) I think it is great! Of course the whole dog is not in focus. It a daschund! Best dogs in the world!
4) I like it. I wish we all could have f/2.8 lenses or better, but I think you did a great job on it. Nice conversion.

Overall nice job. Can't wait to see more.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I originally was just going to put up the one with the ladder, but i saw the others and thought that i would show you guys the other ones. I've only been in photgraphy for 2 days now hah so I still have a lot to learn, but I will be taking a photography class in the fall during school, so that will hopefully help. thanks for all the comments and keep them coming!!

Most reactions

Back