New D60 Photos

krishnan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got myself a D60 Sunday night. By the time I came back home it was night and I haven't got time to shoot outside yet. However a few snaps that I took within my home are here.

I still haven't played around a lot except for Aperture, Closeup and Auto modes yet. A little bit of info about me. I am a novice DSLR user and this is the first time I am handling one. Have been using P&S till now. Any comments / critics to help me improve my skills are welcome:)

By the way all these snaps are taken at 11:30PM in night...

2582220025_7f45013245_b.jpg

2583044460_38c635664e_b.jpg

The same photo in "Aperture" mode

2582218087_6816bf6409_b.jpg

2582215065_44785b8638_b.jpg

2582219077_d00f8e2a69_b.jpg

Fairly decent for a beginner.
Photo 1: Try to avoid the shadow, it doesn't add anything to the photo

Photo 2 & 3: Slightly underexposed. Try to compose more accurately - give the subject a definite location using the rule of thirds and place it accurately (you can deviate as your skills and taste improve). Include the entire subject for now (once again, you will deviate as you improve but it takes skill to deviate and still make a good photo).

Photo 4: Wrong side of leaves :)

Photo 5: Avoid shadow, use more interesting background.

Congratulations on your new camera, and welcome to ThePhotoForum.
Yes, these are the typical "My-new-camera-has-just-come-out-of-the-box" photos.

Now wait for the morning to roll around, then grab the camera and go OUT to take photos, some that you can take without the use of the in-built flash (that flash usually kills every photo by the harsh light and strong shadows), and then show us those. They'll be heaps better, I am sure.

Fairly decent for a beginner.
Photo 1: Try to avoid the shadow, it doesn't add anything to the photo
Photo 5: Avoid shadow, use more interesting background.

Congrats on the cam! :) Nikon! WOOT! :lol:

This is done by NOT using the internal flash on the camera. Superglue that @#$)(@#$ thing closed.

I know this is tough, but the internal flash will ruin a lot of pictures on you. It's very harsh, as well demonstrated by the harsh shadows in 1 and the harsh reflections in 2,3,4. You managed to sort of get away with it on the last shot, but... no. :)

Try using a tripod, turning up the ISO on the camera (which may get you some noise), or buying a flash you can bounce off of the ceiling (or the cat) and diffuse. (such as an SB-600).

Thanks for all your responses and suggestions. Sure it's encouraging. I will get my hands on it again this weekend. Will take more and post it. Thanks again:)

All good points....

Nikons entry level hot shoe flash the SB400 is modestly priced and also can be used to bounce the light off the ceiling... save up for one of these....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back