New dark background style available really makes TPF photos pop

I like the dark option. Is there any reason the app stopped working? I don’t know if I was the only one using it.

I like the dark option. Is there any reason the app stopped working? I don’t know if I was the only one using it.

What app is that? I TPF on my phone using Google chrome.

Some pictures look good in dark background. They match to dark naturaly.

What app is that? I TPF on my phone using Google chrome.
I can’t find it on the App Store but here it is on my phone. I’ve had it for about 10 years.

Attachments

• E6761278-6FEB-4550-B5E0-38D5EE3E07F4.jpeg
    E6761278-6FEB-4550-B5E0-38D5EE3E07F4.jpeg
    226.9 KB · Views: 111
  • ACA2D447-A771-4107-8D29-885129AA6C94.jpeg
    ACA2D447-A771-4107-8D29-885129AA6C94.jpeg
    320 KB · Views: 114
Cool, so I don't need to burn my retinas out by looking at a bright screen

So much better on my screen with the dark background, really do like it now and love the touch of red as well.

Wow. I somehow missed this. So much easier on the eyes.

When racing sports cars in the 70's I opened the exhaust meaning I
could put more gas through the dual carbs so rejetted them than tried to balance them. Couldn't get the tach to stop swinging 500 rpm each way! It was then I realized the word carburator and computer come from the same latin word that means, if it ain't broke, don't mess with it. So I just changed to the dark background, much easier on the eyes.

The dark style is now the default style. You can still choose the other style if you wish.

This is why I used to like working on my old DOS systems better than Windows.
In my DOS applications (Word and Lotus 1-2-3), the background color was BLACK. The old orange on black was so much easier on the eyes than the WHITE background of the Windows apps. In Windows apps trying to look like a piece of paper, it was an egronomic step backwards.

When I calibrated my monitor, I had to turn the white level down, to something my eyes could stand.
The issue wasn't looking at photos, the issue was the HUGE white spaces in Word, Excel and many web sites.

Unfortunately, most monitors do not have a normal/bright switch, to easily turn down the monitor for normal apps, and turn it up for photos and video. I have only seen ONE monitor with such a switch. That was a Sony CRT, about 15 years ago.
Windows 11 allows Night Light. You can automatically reduce the brightness of your monitor at specific times of the day and night.

Most reactions

Back