new from australia

rhinoryan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi guys!

i'm new here and new to photography, just bought a canon 100d twin lense kit because i heard that they are good to learn with....

so here is some pic's i've taken so far, c+c is very welcome!

thanks, ryan from australia.

IMG_2712.jpg

IMG_3135.jpg

IMG_3491.jpg

kirra6.jpg

is it just me or does photobucket make the picture quality worse?

photobucket does make your picture quality worse... try not to use them.

Did you do alot of pp on the first picture? The sky looks really nice, but a little too fake... If you didn't do any photoshopping on that, then thats amazing.

unsure what pp is but guessing from what you wrote it means photoshop? but no, no photoshop.... i dont have it and wouldn't know how to use it if i did haha
the pic was taken on south molle island in the whitsundays, australia.

Wow, you have a very good eye for composition.

PP = Post Processing, basically editing the photo using a program such as photoshop, GIMP, etc.

Photo #1: You shot 1/20 at F/8.0, and ISO 1600. Next time I would try opening up the lens a bit to a smaller number F/stop. This will lower the ISO, and reduce the grain or noise in the photo. But the photo is wonderful. The colors are fantastic.

Photo #2: Look into investing into a circular polarizer, It will really help your sky "pop". It helps cut through a little of the haze. Great composition.

#3: I wouldn't change a thing. Great!

#4: Focus looks a little soft, but still a good shot.

Keep shooting, and welcome to the forum. I'm new here too, but learning every day. There are many great people on this forum that will help you quite a bit.

-Andy

thanks andy! i actually somehow understand what you are saying... i have been reading a lot of threads here and dont understand much of the lingo but you explained it in a good way for me to understand:thumbup:

Since i'm a sucker for sunset shots so def. LOVE the first picture.
Rest are good as well.

I would also suggest that you number your shots next time so its easier for us to tell you which picture we're talking about.

Love the colors in the first sunset picture, awesome.

Surf shots looking good as well, thought it would have been cool for you to get in the water, but with your camera its understandable :p

yeah thats my plan Flock of birds, i'm not going to bother getting a housing for this cam i will when i upgrade to the 50d? not sure if thats the right model name for the one i'm thinking of though....... the one i'm thinking of takes 6 or 9 frames per second or something like that anyway haha
would it be a good camera for sequence's?

The 50D takes shots at 6.3fps or something like that. Which is quick.

Last edited:
thats the one! is there many other cams that such a high fps?

The D300S: 7fps.

Also if you use an EN-EL4a battery or the MB-D10 battery, then you can get 8fps for more then 10 seconds!!

so which camera would i be better off with for sports photography? the 50D or the D300S??

Most reactions

New Topics

Back