New girl from Southern Illinois

Redtech

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
jenniferpugh.zenfolio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all. I've been browsing for a while but finally setup an account yesterday. I live in a rural area in Southern Illinois. I used to take pics for my highschool paper. We used Canon's back then. My favorite thing was developing the film in the dark room and printing. I'd LOVE to do that again. Digital kind of took a little fun out of it. But it's awesome to take a pic and be able to see immediately if it's at all decent.

I got away from photography after I graduated high school and have had point and shoots for the 18 years or so since then. A co-worker just gave me an older Nikon D40 that I've been messing around with a bit. It's frustrating but fun. There are a lot more to these than the Canon's I used in high school. Though, back then, the teacher adjusted everything and said, go take pics of the basketball game or whatever. I was only allowed to change the lenses. There was a certain amount of satisfaction in taking a pic at a football game, developing the film, printing the pic and then seeing it get cropped and pasted and put in the school paper.

I want to try to get some good sky pics. I have 2 telescopes too that I'd like to try to modify down the road and see if I can get some cool moon pictures or something. I may get into some money there though, so I'll settle for learing to take regular pics first.

Welcome to the forum! I spent a good bit of time with astrophotog before I got into...just photog, and it is a lot of fun. Expensive, but fun. Although digital takes the film processing aspect out of photography, it adds digital post processing, which is fun in its own right, I assume. If it's fun you're looking for, shoot in raw and take it from there.

HI and welcome, nice to have you here :)

Where in southern Ill? I'm above you in St. Louis.

Joe

welcome to the site!!
astrophotography is fun .. but so is regular on-earth photography !!
with the amount of earth-bound equipment I've bought I could have bought myself a bigger telescope .... hmmm :)

Welcome to the site.

Most reactions

Back