New guy question?????

Tyson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tls-photo.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What kind of Stock Photography sells best.
Landscape
Portrits
Animals
Cars
Landmarks
Can a person make 30 to 40 g's a year off of stock alone?
I know my qyestions may seem dumb but I got to know.

I don't know too much about the topic but from reading other discussions on here I believe it's PRETTY hard to sell enough stock photos to make that kind of living. They pay pretty low and it's hard to get them to pick up the pics.

Check this out

Why not call a stock agency and ask them what sells the most?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/2007-Photographers-Market/dp/1582974284/sr=1-1/qid=1164123373/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-4741858-5007147?ie=UTF8&s=books"]2007 Photographer's Market[/ame]

I do not see it as making 30 to 40 grand from. The field is very random. Your clients are designers and art directors looking for seemingly generic photos. I would target said designers and AD's directly. With any kind of luck they will be able to give you specific projects. That can be be very lucrative. Another approach is to have your own web site and have people come to you.

craig said:
I do not see it as making 30 to 40 grand from. The field is very random. Your clients are designers and art directors looking for seemingly generic photos. I would target said designers and AD's directly. With any kind of luck they will be able to give you specific projects. That can be be very lucrative. Another approach is to have your own web site and have people come to you.

I am a learning kind of guy, you guys are great. Thanks for the help keep it rolling in.

if you work your way through making an account through ISTOCKPHOTO.com and (I forgot the exact naming conventions and steps) but make an account to be a stock photo seller (you can make seller or buyer accounts I believe)

Anyways, the website says what they have enough of and what they won't accept. They also say what a good stock photographer should do and what they are in need of to ensure the member's stuff will get sold.

ALWAYS GOOD:
- People in situations (on the job at big businesses, high tech jobs)
- Kids dressed and/or pretending to do adult jobs (like doctors and stuff like that)
- People doing recreational things (sports, biking, running, working out)
- extreme sports Look at EVERY informal portrait used in ads and signs... They probably were stock photos. See why designers chose the images they chose to include in the ads.

Most reactions

Back