New here, and I'd like to show some of my photos!

malloryw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mallorywilliams.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone! I'm brand new here, still getting a feel for it. I'm 20 years old and I'm pretty self conscious about my photos, but I really appreciate feedback on them.
Here are some from an engagement session I did recently.

7002300715_83a71120e3_c.jpg

6856175276_ba04ec9178_c.jpg

^ This one was a test shot but I ended up loving it and I was so mad that their feet were cut off.

7003539175_d4299c37c4_b.jpg

They were getting married in Italy, so we did a sort of "bon-voyage" theme for the beginning of the shoot.

6858090972_8938bb4865_b.jpg

6856179572_a310ce7b1a_c.jpg

7002293989_75e5c3015a_c.jpg

7004194933_f7f5dbf8af_c.jpg

There were a lot, these are just a few. Any feedback?

Also I loved this one that was a total accident, you can see how playful and happy they are:
7002312309_c51953e02c_c.jpg

And I realize the editing on the photos differs a lot, but it's what she asked for, we went over it ahead of time and I told her I'd edit them differently if she asked.

Cute pictures and lots of feeling but the vintage look might get a little old (pun not intended) when used throughout the entire album. :)

I agree that the "vintage" feel might be a bit overdone if carried through the whole album, but if that's what the client wants.... overall, they're a nice set, but watch the details, tilted horizons, awkward crops, and inconsistent WB. Looking forward to seeing more.

Cute pictures and lots of feeling but the vintage look might get a little old (pun not intended) when used throughout the entire album. :)

Thank you for the feedback! :)
I know, that's why I mentioned that she wanted the editing done like that, because I thought the same thing but it's exactly what she wanted and asked for.

I know, that's why I mentioned that she wanted the editing done like that, because I thought the same thing but it's exactly what she wanted and asked for.
Reminds me of the time that one of the parents of the bride asked if I could make it such that the flowers are in colour but the rest of the picture was in black and white. *LOL*
*choke*

looks like a fun shoot!!
and I wish you had shot the feet in that test shot too, would've been cool. but I'm sure the rest of the cute photo distracted them from noticing.

I like that these all look like the couple were enjoying the whole experience, that's really important. I'm not a fan of the post process, Personally I don't think that it really does the quality of the images justice.

Reminds me of the time that one of the parents of the bride asked if I could make it such that the flowers are in colour but the rest of the picture was in black and white. *LOL*
*choke*

Hah! Literally, I took a photo of a flower girl and they asked for me to that exact same thing and I was like ....really? :/

I enjoy the images, and I'm sure the couple was thrilled. To take them to that next level, here are a few critiques :)

1) If you can avoid that dappled light, try to. It is a bit centered, and often times the moment just before the kiss or just after can be more flattering that the full on smooch. It can be hard to catch, but if you get it, it's a great moment!

2) Super cute! Love their pose. Watch cutting the feet, or crop a bit higher so it looks intentional. And always watch your backgrounds. If you simply cannot shoot with people etc. out of the frame, take them out in post.

3) Fun set - the bottom image is slightly tilted. And all three are a bit hot. Bring the exposure down a touch to really make them pop.

4) Again, watch the tilt. The bottle kind of threw me at first, but I saw on you blog that they were sharing the drink before, so it put it in context.

5/6) Looks like the toning might be slightly different between the two. Sync your presets or actions for a uniform look in the set. I think both could be cropped in a touch tighter. 5 to get rid of the black line on the right, and 6 to get them just off center.

7) Cute again. Its a fun shot. Clone out those sandals (are they yours by chance ;o) I do that ALL the time too hahah) and straighten the horizon. Also, when you are framing a shot like this, if their feet were closer together, you would be able to see her foot kicked up better becasue it wouldnt be infront on the dock. Sometimes directing the clients can be hard, but if you even just tell them, ah, that is so cute - just squish together more so I can see some space between your foot and the railing, it doesnt break the mood and the end result is a fantastic shot rather than a great one.

8) Love it. :)

You have a great eye and seems that you make your clients comfortable. Those are two things many people wish they had. Can't wait to see more of your work.

Cheers,
Kristal

Last edited:
I liked the balloons at first. But after a few images, the balloons became a bit much for me. YMMV.

Most reactions

Back