New here and New to photo

rcsmyth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My name is Ryan and I 've been lurking around here a couple of weeks so I decided to register and post a couple pics I've got lucky on to see what people think. I have a D40 with the 18-55 kit and the 55 -200mm vr

DSC_0070-2-1-1.jpg

DSC_0061-1-1-1.jpg

DSC_0027-2.jpg

Hope I posted the image links right

Thanks for looking
Ryan

Hi, and welcome!

Here are some quick critiques for you:

#1 -- nice and warm, I like the feeling here. I would have liked to see the lamp perhaps centered over the opening of the fireplace (?) a bit more, just for symmetry. Also, focus seems to be a tiny bit off from your subject (the lamp).

#2 -- Nice lines, but what's the subject? What is this photo about? I'm guessing it was the wall, but the wall ends quickly, leaving a lot of empty space which feels awkward to me.

#3 -- I really like the geometry here... I'm a sucker for that kind of thing. Could perhaps use some levels or curves to brighten it up, but I like the idea.

Welcome to the forums!

I have to say I agree with dcclark's critique of the first 2. I really like the lines of 3 and think that it could make for an excellent shot if you had the sun making some angular shadows and producing more contrast. I'd revisit that when the sun is lower and try to get more shots of it.

Hey Ryan. very nice pics there, especially for someone new to this. The second photo could actually make a nice stock photo, as designers need empty space for their work.

The last image will need an exposure boost but I like the concepts. I look forward to seeing your work in the future. Good job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back