New Here. What do you think?

Rad freakin' car man... i would have a field day with my camera if i ever saw a skyline in a parking lot, never mind OWNING one..

Also the pictures are pretty typical you may want to try, for future car shots, experimenting with different backgrounds and maybe adding subjects as well.

Nice looking car, what is it?

Its a Nissan Skyline, never imported to the US

I know I forgot to take out the reflection in the rear window and everything but it was my first time doing something like that on photoshop so I was excited it didnt come out really bad :).

Thanks for all the input guys. I have more pics Im gonna put up soon of my friends G35 and CL55 that I've taken recently.
Jay

Looks great! Nice car!!

Photos could use some sharpening for sure. Without any image processing software, remember to stop the lens down to about f/8 for maximum sharpness rather than wide open like it seemed to be for most of those shots. Also don't stop down past about f/8 or f/11 on a DSLR. The first one was at f/22. Digital is diffraction limited past about /11. It's like squinting your eyes. If you squint a little things will get sharper. If you squint too much suddenly it all gets blurry and diffracted. Since it looks like you were on a tripod already, stopping down a bit more and doing longer exposures shouldn't be a problem. Set it to the base ISO, aperture priority at about f/8, and then just let the shutter speed fall where it may. Also be sure to use the delayed shutter release or a cable release to make sure no vibrations from hitting the shutter get into the photos. I use the wireless ML-L3 remote for $15 for my Nikons for that, but the delay mode will work too.

Well, I think, photo presentations belong into the Galleries, whether the photos were taken by newbies to the forums, beginners of photography or whatever. The galleries are our showcases.
The Beginners' Place is a Q&A-forum.
So I am going to move this.
(Seems like there are ever so many other showcase threads in this Beginners' forum... :roll: )

Well, I think, photo presentations belong into the Galleries, whether the photos were taken by newbies to the forums, beginners of photography or whatever. The galleries are our showcases.
The Beginners' Place is a Q&A-forum.
So I am going to move this.
(Seems like there are ever so many other showcase threads in this Beginners' forum... :roll: )

Sorry for Putting it in the wrong place.
Jay

Wow nice car. Unfortunatly black cars are really hard to shoot. You may want to invest in a circular polorizer so you can control the reflections that are on the car. Watch your backgrounds you don't want a pole growing out of the car. All your photos have the car centered, put it to one side or the other.

Nice shots with a black car make it even harder than a black car in the day time so make sure you find a place that is lit well, probably with "white" lights not so much the orange.

Good luck!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back