New(ish) member

Brick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been a lurker on this site for a while (trying to figure out what to buy!) but am just now starting to post. I've always loved photography but never made it a serious hobby until recently. Up until now I've been shooting on a $150 (3 years ago) Canon SD750, but this week I purchased a d90, Sigma 10-20mm, and a Nikon 50mm 1.8. Next on the list is a Sigma 18-50mm 2.8 and an sb600, but I figured $1500 is enough to spend at one time :mrgreen:

I generally shoot a lot of landscapes, sunsets/sunrises and really like HDR and b&w.

Also, if anyone has a recommendation on a camera bag I'd appreciate it. I haven't found many threads on that topic but looking online I think I'll probably end up getting a Crumpler 6 million dollar home. If anyone else has a messenger-style camera bag they love I'd welcome other options.

Few of my favorite SD750 shots below - definitely looking forward to getting some new shots with the d90 :p

IMG_0480_78_79.jpg

IMG_2434.jpg

MP.jpg
IMG_0779.1.jpg

IMG_0557.1.jpg

IMG_1898.jpg

You've done an excellent job with your SD750 and you're going to love your new dSLR. My Sigma 10-20 is one of my favorite pieces of glass and, judging by your subject matter posted above, you're going to love it too. I don't know the Sigma 18-50, but I've been very happy with my Tamron 17-50 f/2.8. It is now available with image stabilization, I believe. The IQ is excellent, the build is great, and Tamron has a great 6 year warranty. There are several camera bag threads here, just do a search. I like my Loewe Pro 200.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back