"New" Leica Lens: Weirdest Product ever ?!?

Solarflare

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Leica introduces ‘0.95’ line of accessories and limited edition Noctilux-M 50mm f/0.95 ASPH lens | Leica News & Rumors
Leica Noctilux-M 50mm f/0.95 ASPH Lens Announced
New Leica 0.95 Special Edition Noctilux and D-Lux

"All engravings are muted with a matte-black anodized finish, except for the white “0.95” lettering on the top of the lens. The domed knurling and distinctively placed glossy elements on the lens body and front cap reflects the iconic design of the “S.T. Dupont for 0.95” pen collection. For the first time the glossy anodized finish – until now, used only for moving surfaces inside a lens – has been employed as a design element."
... ??????????????????????????????????????

Who wants that ... for what ?

Why does anyone want a lens thats designed like their pen ?

I mean, if at all, shouldnt the lens match the CAMERA BODY first ?!?

I'm getting the feeling Leica is trying to top Hasselblads overpriced versions of Sony cameras with even weirder products.

Pretty good deal on that key chain.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

People who write with fountain pens and who still smoke...definitely going for the Asian market's new, emerging wealthy, status-seeking class of customers. Kind of sad and pathetic in a way. But then again...the luxury goods makers have had a lot of success targeting those people for whom public displays of status symbols seems to have high appeal.

It's Leica; you wouldn't understand.

(I know I don't!)

If you don't get it, you can't afford it!

I know that because I'm broke and don't understand an $800 lighter or $600 pen.

People who write with fountain pens and who still smoke...definitely going for the Asian market's new, emerging wealthy, status-seeking class of customers. Kind of sad and pathetic in a way. But then again...the luxury goods makers have had a lot of success targeting those people for whom public displays of status symbols seems to have high appeal.
Actually I am a fountain pen user, been collecting them a while back, had over 300 pens in the past some close to 100 years old and some limited edition Montblanc, Visconti, Parker, Sheaffer, Delta, Sailor, Pilot and many, many more.
Still only use fountain pen at work.
Not sure why I just wrote that, not collecting these pens any more, good old times :)

tirediron said:

(I know I don't!)

Yeah...Leica is the company that introduced the Leica M-P "Correspondent"...a modern digital Leica M-series model with FAKE brassing on both the camera, and the lenses...

Lenny Kravitz Edition Leica M Confirmed | La Vida Leica!

" All black lacquered outer parts exhibit surfaces on which, particularly at the edges, the black lacquering discloses the bare metal underneath, which is usually only the case after years of heavy use."

JFC...what will Leica dream up next!

tirediron said:

(I know I don't!)

Yeah...Leica is the company that introduced the Leica M-P "Correspondent"...a modern digital Leica M-series model with FAKE brassing on both the camera, and the lenses...

Lenny Kravitz Edition Leica M Confirmed | La Vida Leica!

" All black lacquered outer parts exhibit surfaces on which, particularly at the edges, the black lacquering discloses the bare metal underneath, which is usually only the case after years of heavy use."

JFC...what will Leica dream up next!
If Nikon or Canon did that would it sell , No if Leica do it will sell strange thing is on the radio while I type this Are you going to go my way is playing

My favorire comment came from one of the posters on the third li k above, who wrote, "Just when we thought Leica ran out of pointless limited edition shi+t to announce."

I suppose you could always fill the engraved lens markings in with white-out.:1219:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back