New Lens!!!! :) C&C please :)

Kimberly81

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I finally got a different lens other than the kit lens my rebel came with woohoo.... I am a photographer on a budget so the lens I got was a whopping $100 plus the $36 to overnight it to me (I wanted to play with it asap lol).... the lens I bought is below:

CLICK HERE to view lens

Basically I needed to improve the look of my outdoor portraits... I wasn't getting the background softening and separation from the subject that I wanted... this lens has done exactly what I wanted it to do so I can honestly say that for $136 I'm more than pleased with my purchase :)

My images are also much sharper and clearer than with my kit lens and my DOF is remarkable for the price I paid.

4330743163_704fb262c2.jpg

4331478462_56c5986b4c.jpg

aka....the nifty fifty
Handle it gently and you will love it.

Great shots.

GORGEOUS! ..and her skin is flawless. Pictures look amazing, awesome model, great color choice. What camera are you using?(and lens)

Thank you!! About the skin, I know right? It's crazy... I used to have to spot heal quite a bit with my kit lens but this lens is pretty amazing, it makes the skin creamy, sharpens what needs sharpened, and blurs the background nicely.. I am still in shock on the price I paid...

I am using a rebel xsi 450d and the link to the lens is in my first post :)

I also wanted to point out, for those who have viewed my previous works, you will note that there is no camera tilt on these ;) LMAO

Very beautiful pictures! Nice job! Im debating on what will be my next first lens besides the kit one too, 50mm 1.4 or 85mm 1.8.

Im asking around on here, but now i got more lenses to review based on suggestions!!! :banghead:

That lens that you bought is a lot of photographer favs. You do some research and you will here pro's using it. Great photos too.

Nice work, I just bought a Nikon 50mm F/1.8D and I love specially the price.

Nice pictures! Love the colors and dof! I remember the excitement of 1.8 when I got mine. Where you the chick that got criticized for putting to much make up on your daughter back in the day or is that just my imagination?

Nice pictures! Love the colors and dof! I remember the excitement of 1.8 when I got mine. Where you the chick that got criticized for putting to much make up on your daughter back in the day or is that just my imagination?

You are correct, I think we got that cleared up tho when I posted the shot of her before bedtime... we do a dab of mascara and some chapstick/lipgloss :)

You are correct, I think we got that cleared up tho when I posted the shot of her before bedtime... we do a dab of mascara and some chapstick/lipgloss :)

Ahh yes, the old school days of TPF. I do not deny or confirm that I might have been on here in 08 neither can I deny or confirm I shared some messages with you..........lol....right before I was banned.

^ purely an assumption.

my 50 is by FAR my favorite lens. It always has the sharpest focus, most accurate colors, and most useful bokeh out of my lens collection. No other pro lenses:grumpy:

Thanks for this post. I've been considering my next lens and a 50 was what I was looking into. I can't believe the price you paid!

For those of you considering this lens, I wanted to also post a shot I took indoor with a softbox and reflector:

4334168320_c7f7bb6a7d.jpg

Most reactions

Back