What's new

New Lens Help?

u14inferno

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 30, 2009
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Arizona
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got my canon rebel Xs a few months ago and i'm going to get another lens

for portrait and landscape ect. but can't decide between these two... or any

other suggestions. max $650

Thanks.

EF 50mm f/1.4 USM standard telephoto
or
EF 24mm f/2.8 wide angle
:thumbdown::thumbup:
 
50mm won't be that great for landscape work if you want wide shots. And that looks like a prime, not a telephoto.
 
On a crop sensor the 50mm effectively brushes against the telephoto range (as effectively it's an 80mm), but I agree; I wouldn't necessarily call it a telephoto lens. O.o

The first will be great for portraits (not so sexy for landscapes). The second will be great for landscapes (and I would almost never use a lens that wide for a portrait).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom