NEW, Looking for advice

ssconn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have always had an interest for photography but never the funds. I am an engineering student and due to several internships I have some spendable money!

Interests... Mt Biking, Rock Climbing, Motocross, Skiing, Paintball, and my career Structures!

I am in need of a camera that can keep up with my lifestyle, action shops in both high and low natural lighting (sunny and cloudy days) are a must, along with stills of my passion structures! I want control of what the camera is doing, I love messing with dials and what not to get a unique shot. Always learning more about the camera and how to become better with it is what drives me and having a camera that does most of it for me ruins it.

I am well rounded in photoshop and video editing so its time to step up from the point and shoot and hd helmet cams.

Please throw in your two cents! Body, Lenses, accessories (links or prices would be greatly appreciated)

THANKS!

Almost any DSLR and some better bridge cameras as well as the EVIL range will do what you want. How about you give us your two cents; that is: How many two centses do you have to spend? Some money can be anything from $200 to $20,000.

Good point. I wanted to leave that fairly open but spending 800-1300 wouldnt be an issue. Could go as high as 2000 if it makes a huge difference though.

There are so many choices out there so I won't even begin to tell you which camera body to buy (Canon :thumbup:) but I will warn you about what lens NOT to by. Don't waste your money on a lens that is not at least 2.8. If you get a 4.5/5.6 lens you will be very disappointed. Yes they are much less expensive, but for a very good reason. When I was first starting out, I wish someone had told me that. So...

For what it's worth..

Most reactions

Back