New member checking in w/pictures

Zelichan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone,

I'm new here.... been lurking and decided to join the fun. I'm strictly an amateur. I enjoy photography for a while now.

I had gotten away for photography (due to life, school & other things) over a decade and just now jumping back into the fun of it. Still not in the digital world. I'm saving up to get into the digital camera realm. Most likly a canon rebel...as I'm not a pro it's more than enough for me and my lack of ability.....:lmao:;)

Here's a brief list of My equipment ( or lack thereof ) :lol:

Minolta X-9 w/ various lenses
Canon Rebel G kit with one lens
couple of filters...polarizer, warm diffuser.

Here's a few samples of the photos I've taken: Let me know what ya think:wink:

grampsatbeach.jpg

lakelodge.jpg

sunsetNO.jpg

thebeach.jpg

I'd say you have a good eye, the pictures are nicely composed and exposed. Looking forward to seeing some more of your work.

I'd say you have a good eye, the pictures are nicely composed and exposed. Looking forward to seeing some more of your work.

Thanks for taking a look and commenting. I appreciate the kinda words.

I checked out your website.... I love your work.:thumbup: Those firework pictures intrigue me. I missed my chance to try to photograph some a few days back...

To be honest, I was hesitant to even put some pictures out. There's some serious photographers here. :thumbup: My stuff pales in comparison.:blushing:

Zeli

i lvoe #2 lots :)

Thanks. It's one of my favorites as well. I have a few more shots from that morning. It was great. I like the serenity of early mornings.

x

Last edited:
I love the second one, howd you get the effect of smoke coming up from the water? Crazy colors too, how did you do that?
Also, is the first one a picture of Ocean Beach in San Francisco???

Thanks for taking a look and commenting. I appreciate the kinda words.

I checked out your website.... I love your work.:thumbup: Those firework pictures intrigue me. I missed my chance to try to photograph some a few days back...

To be honest, I was hesitant to even put some pictures out. There's some serious photographers here. :thumbup: My stuff pales in comparison.:blushing:

Zeli

You thank-you! And with respect to your last statement, bear in mind that everyone here, regardless of their current skills was where you are now, at some point in their career. Keep up the good work, and keep posting.

I also really like #2 - it has a great mood. I like #3 as well, but no as much since I can't completely make out the right side of the image.

Thanks, Yeah on #3 the right side is blocked out. If I ever get proficient at Photoshop I'll try to tweek it.

I love the second one, howd you get the effect of smoke coming up from the water? Crazy colors too, how did you do that?
Also, is the first one a picture of Ocean Beach in San Francisco???

The smoke was fog or some naturally occurring event. It would seem that being in a great place at the right time helps. I'm not sure of my settings since the picture is over a decade ( or 2) old. I do know it was taken with my Minolta x-9. I was really into photography then had to leave it for a while.. Now I'm regrouping. Hopefully I'll get back better then ever. wish me luck.:thumbup:

The first picture is at St. George's Island in the Gulf of Mexico. The old man is my grandfather. I was just wandering about taking pictures and caught a moment with him 'communing' with that seagull.

2 and 3 are excellent!

I noticed some dust specs, is that from your scanner?

yes, I think so. I should do a clean up then rescan them. ( as I've stated I have/and/or use cheep equipment.) so it might be any part of the equation.

You thank-you! And with respect to your last statement, bear in mind that everyone here, regardless of their current skills was where you are now, at some point in their career. Keep up the good work, and keep posting.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm actually not looking to become a pro. I'd like to keep advancing my skills though.

Zeli

your photos are good, don't be shy putting your photos,
that's what i do, my pictures looks like crap but i still post it, haha.

your photos are good, don't be shy putting your photos,
that's what i do, my pictures looks like crap but i still post it, haha.

Thanks, I've decided to make a photo book. Hey, why not? It's always been a dream of mine. I've found several online publishers. I am in the process of scanning my photos.

Most reactions

Back