NEW MODEL SHOTS OF MY DAUGHTER

Kimberly81

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
She needed some updated photos for her model portfolio so we took some today, I have been so busy shooting for everyone else that she has not had anything new for a minute. She just turned 8 on Saturday.... man they grow up quick! It's scary! Anyway, C&C is welcomed, but as always, please be kind with your C&C.

1 (my favorite)
4206678587_03fdb918ae.jpg

4207414044_76c04ce92b.jpg

4207413944_c3a15d9262.jpg

4 (before anyone says it, I know I went a little nuts with the tilt on this one but I love her personality in it)
4207413726_8c7e51b00d.jpg

4206684497_33de8cd021.jpg

I really like #4. I agree it's a bit much for a modeling-type picture, and I don't think it would work if your daughter was older, but it's a lot of fun to look at as a viewer.

John.

before anyone says it, I know I went a little nuts with the tilt on this one but I love her personality in it

I was actually wondering if your right leg was about 6" longer than the left. :lol:

I don't know what the attraction is to tilted photos but, to me, they mostly look bad. Special effects (and tilt is one) are better used sporadically and for a specific reason. They sometimes add to the image but most of the time they just look, in this case, tilted.

I cannot comment about your photos from the children model point of view because I don't know the first thing about this world. But the tilt is annoying. Not just yours, mind you. In general.

I sometimes wish I had one of those monitors that you can turn so I didn't have to crook my neck. :lmao:

the thing that really irks me in ALL these photos is she's missing the top of her head, them modeling isn't bad, but it in my opinion is a bit forced, and the background is very very distracting (like in the angle pic)

Not bad, you have a very cute daughter.

I think the colors are spot on, and I do like the processing.

A couple of thoughts though,

They all look very cramped to me. You cropped her in every photo whether it's the head, the fingers or the knees.

As others have mentioned the tilt is a bit much. You commented on it with #4, but each and every image has that same tilt to it.

For particular images,
1. I like it, and the coloring etc. but what I might tweak are the crop (I would completely crop out the arms personally) and if you have any head room to work with I would add a bit more.

2. My favorite of the set, still a bit cramped and is tilted but it is a good shot.

3. Not really a fan of the crop at all. mostly because it looks like her left leg is a nub. and the tilt of course.

4. TILT but you already mentioned that. The crop is better than some of the others as the legs are cropped in more of a normal position.

5. Nice, but... Personally I think the arm under the chin can work, but I don't think it does here. All we really see is the arm coming up from the grass, I don't see it being connected to her body. The other difficulty is that the angle partially makes her hand look tiny in comparison to her head. It is smaller, but this accentuates it and it looks odd to me.

the photos are good....even the children like a model's poses...so ur daughter is not an exception...she is a cute beauty and we also think, they grow faster.

my little grievance is that all are shot in a diagonal way....there are hundreds of face and body changing positions...some u applied [email protected]

Not bad, you have a very cute daughter.

I think the colors are spot on, and I do like the processing.

A couple of thoughts though,

They all look very cramped to me. You cropped her in every photo whether it's the head, the fingers or the knees.

As others have mentioned the tilt is a bit much. You commented on it with #4, but each and every image has that same tilt to it.

For particular images,
1. I like it, and the coloring etc. but what I might tweak are the crop (I would completely crop out the arms personally) and if you have any head room to work with I would add a bit more.

2. My favorite of the set, still a bit cramped and is tilted but it is a good shot.

3. Not really a fan of the crop at all. mostly because it looks like her left leg is a nub. and the tilt of course.

4. TILT but you already mentioned that. The crop is better than some of the others as the legs are cropped in more of a normal position.

5. Nice, but... Personally I think the arm under the chin can work, but I don't think it does here. All we really see is the arm coming up from the grass, I don't see it being connected to her body. The other difficulty is that the angle partially makes her hand look tiny in comparison to her head. It is smaller, but this accentuates it and it looks odd to me.
This covers everything and more that I have to offer.

I really like the last one, very pretty little girl!

she's stunning!
shows some real potential!

That girl needs to actually smile and look happy. Scary photos!
Smile.gif

She is smiling in alot of the photos, I took almost 100 shots during this shoot, they are not scary at all when you consider the market they are for. I assure you she is a very very happy little girl.

I did a little modelling in London and although far from an expert I think 5 is far and away the best image for her portfolio.

A client wants to see natural poses with neutral expressions so that they can impose their designs onto the model. Obviously smiling shots should be included as well.

Number 2 would be great apart from your reflection in her eyes, specifically (her) left eye, it just spoils it (slightly) so I am not sure if you could remove it. Going back to Number 5, there is just a touch over over-exposure on her left cheek/nose. Can you dial it down slightly?

However my wife is due to give birth to our first daughter in 5 days and if she is anything like yours I would be very proud indeed, it's a beautiful little girl you have.

Good work mom

Very pretty girl! Technically they're quite good, I agree with others that the angles on some, esp. #4, is a little distracting. Also, a simpler background in some cases would be better.

Number 3 (without tilt) would be my fav, and number 5.

Good work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back