New Nikkor 70-200mm 2.8 VRII

The new 70-200 VR iteration has been widely,widely expected since Nikon came out with the D3. The new design adds Nanocoating and is probably going to rectify the poor corner performance of the original 70-200 VR model, which was designed for the smaller DX format.

Considering the absolutely amazing performance of the new professional Nikkors that have been designed since the original 70-200, like the new 200,300,400,500,and 600mm VR-G series lenses and the incredibly good 14-24 and 24-70mm AF-S G zoom lenses, I think the optical performance of the "new" 70-200 with VR II is going to be optimized for full-frame use, and I think the lens will once again, like the 14-24 and 24-70, be the industry leader in optical performance, as well as have superb bokeh.

While some people might miss the focus lock buttons on the front of the older version of the lens, I think having sharper corners and less light fall-off in the corners will make more people happier than retaining the focus lock buttons.

i'd have to agree

i'm such a consumer whore i know i'm going to buy it the second it's available on amazon. anyone wanna buy an original 70-200mm f/2.8 ?? :D lol

The new 70-200 VR iteration has been widely,widely expected since Nikon came out with the D3. The new design adds Nanocoating and is probably going to rectify the poor corner performance of the original 70-200 VR model, which was designed for the smaller DX format.

Considering the absolutely amazing performance of the new professional Nikkors that have been designed since the original 70-200, like the new 200,300,400,500,and 600mm VR-G series lenses and the incredibly good 14-24 and 24-70mm AF-S G zoom lenses, I think the optical performance of the "new" 70-200 with VR II is going to be optimized for full-frame use, and I think the lens will once again, like the 14-24 and 24-70, be the industry leader in optical performance, as well as have superb bokeh.

While some people might miss the focus lock buttons on the front of the older version of the lens, I think having sharper corners and less light fall-off in the corners will make more people happier than retaining the focus lock buttons.

i'd have to agree

i'm such a consumer whore i know i'm going to buy it the second it's available on amazon. anyone wanna buy an original 70-200mm f/2.8 ?? :D lol

How much? hahaha.

Damn, $2400? really? Nikon needs to fix their prices asap, either drop the prices or give us a massive rebate program.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back