What's new

New Nikon Camera

Pistols and Pearls

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 15, 2011
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Location
Fort Worth, TX
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Need some input on what Nikon camera to get!! I have 50mm f/1.4 & 17-55mm f/2.8 lenses but want to get a new camera. Budget 2k. I will be doing mostly Newborn pictures with natural light inside.
 
What do you have now?
 
D7000 has higher output quality over a D700 in several "tests". Right now in your price range its the camera to get. It's a fairly big step up from any of its closest brothers. Any replacement for the D700 will be higher than your 2k limit. Reason I include the D700 is it should drop in price with its replacement due out this spring (maybe). I doubt we will see a D300S replacement this year. But its replacement should be a little better than a D7000 with more of a pro build.
 
What are you using now?

I say wait for the the replacement of the D700 to come out and then make a decision wether to go for a D700 since price will drop or get the D7000

Edit: Ah now I remember, the OP posted something similar in a different thread and if I'm not mistaken he's currently using a D5000. As bunch of people posted in your previous post, you need to work on on the technique and applying the appropriate aperture/shutter speed/ISO. A new camera will not improve your technique.
 
Last edited:
Which 50mm 1.4 do you have?

50mm af-d
50mm af-s g
50mm ais

The d700 and d7000 will support all of these lenses, but the cheaper nikons might only support 1 or 2 of them.

Keep in mind that 50mm is a more useful focal length on full frame. But the 17-55mm is not a full frame lens.
 
Last edited:
I would never get a D7000 over a D700
 
The 17-55mm is not a full frame lens, so if you want to use it then you're choices are D7000, D300s, and D90

I'd personally go for the D7000
 
I have a Nikon D90, and I have been extremely pleased with its low light capability. I often use an older 50mm 1.8, but I have a newer zoom as well, and I find the VR works great. Good luck.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom