New ou used ??? 70-200mm 2.8 Stabilised

jyde1986

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Canon 70-200mm IS Version 1 used for 1500$
Tamron 70-200 VC brand new on ebay for 1300$

Here's my dilemma. Which direction would you take ??

I bought my Nikon 70-200 used (as I buy most of my lenses) and I am very happy with it; I've never had a problem with a used lens, and I would always rather have a top-end name-brand lens bought used then a new third-party ('though I can't speak to specifics on the Canon lenses).

I bought that exact same lens, the 70-200 2.8 L IS I, used and I love it. I haven't used the Tamron so I can't comment on that lens, but I really love my Canon 70-200.

There is also, of course, the option of a used 3rd party.

Every lens I've owned (other than my 50mm f/1.8) has been pre-owned.

I've never had any difficulty at all with any of them.

Canon 70-200mm IS Version 1 used for 1500$
Tamron 70-200 VC brand new on ebay for 1300$

Here's my dilemma. Which direction would you take ??

In fact, i wanna differences between both lenses. Considering Canon one an older model versus the tamron last version which is frequently compared to canon mark II. Whats your experience ou opinion about them, which model should I buy ? Thanks

I just purchased the Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 IS USM *used*, I can't wait for it to get here. I will post again when it's here. I was going to purchase the Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8, BUT changed my mind and went for the Canon L series. I've never used any third party lens other than my friend's Sigma the other day, for a few shots.

Most reactions

Back