New Outside Dog Pics with Nikon

Photo Lady

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
102.jpg

Getting better, but try shooting portrait also
okay...good idea.. these are rough because they were just playing hard...lol.. i want to get a great shot of collie all groomed next week for his one year old birthday... so yes i will shoot portrait next time..thanks appreciate all your help...thanks

Try hanging up a white bedsheet and put your dog in front of that, or mess around with some more simple backgrounds. It might keep the visual weight on the dog instead of leading the eye off the subject.

Try hanging up a white bedsheet and put your dog in front of that, or mess around with some more simple backgrounds. It might keep the visual weight on the dog instead of leading the eye off the subject.
i think i know the perfect area to take the pics... the problem will be getting them to stay in one spot.. but that is definitly a must..

Haha yeah, dogs never seem to stay put unless they're sleeping.

Go further back with a longer lens
one from last weekend shot at 200mm @ F4 (not wide open to give a bit more DOF)
828319588_hT2Dq-L.jpg

828319588_hT2Dq-L.jpg
wow love it...just beautiful.... i will start getting my horse pics too during the week..mine are still very hairy though.. not smooth like this... they still have their winter coats...

Haha yeah, dogs never seem to stay put unless they're sleeping.
and if you make them pose then they give you this sad pouting look... :lol: on purpose..:meh:
dobie010-1.jpg

828319588_hT2Dq-L.jpg
wow love it...just beautiful.... i will start getting my horse pics too during the week..mine are still very hairy though.. not smooth like this... they still have their winter coats...

This one is the equivalent to $30,000 not mine though

828319588_hT2Dq-L.jpg

This one is the equivalent to $30,000 not mine though
what i love about this pic is the horses eyes.. they look so soft and endearing..

The backgrounds for the first few pics are distracting. I like the last pic of the dobie with the white background.

The backgrounds for the first few pics are distracting. I like the last pic of the dobie with the white background.
thanks i agree... i have to concentrate on the background issue outdoors.:mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back