New phone recommendations?

IMG_20151225_100833.jpg
I have the Nexus 6p.
better than the iPhone 6s Plus
and way less money.

What's better about it? How is the camera?
1. It isn't made by Apple
2. It isn't a Samsung either
3. It costs way less than either
And the camera is great.

Last edited:
Don't discount the LG V10. I have one and it has full manual control of video and the camera! Plus it has 2 selfy cams, normal and wide angle! Has a built in IS system as well. It also has a replaceable battery and Storage. Mine came with a 200 GB! micro SD card and an extra battery/charging cradle.. The dual-display LG V10 offers ultimate camera and video control (review) and the second little screen is really handy as you don't have to wake up the phone to check time, notifications or even access the flashlight. It is a very large phone but built pretty tough.

Don't discount the LG V10. I have one and it has full manual control of video and the camera! Plus it has 2 selfy cams, normal and wide angle! Has a built in IS system as well. It also has a replaceable battery and Storage. Mine came with a 200 GB! micro SD card and an extra battery/charging cradle.. The dual-display LG V10 offers ultimate camera and video control (review) and the second little screen is really handy as you don't have to wake up the phone to check time, notifications or even access the flashlight. It is a very large phone but built pretty tough.

Im going to chevk this one out but it might be too much camera, lol. What I'm looking for is something that I can quickly take out of my pocket and get a nice sharp photo without a lot of fussing with it. Kind of the opposite of when I have my dslr with me...

Until two years ago when I got a smart phone with camera, I always carried a mini P&S on my belt. Once I got the cell phone Samsung S4 Galaxy, I just stop carrying the camera as well. However, I hate using the cell phone. You can't see the screen in sunny scenes. The shutter release is awkward. The pictures when the lighting is less than sunny is grainy and very poor. You can get a nice image in good lighting and the ability to edit in camera, add a frame and email it to friends and relatives in real time is kind of neat.
20151005_153600.jpg

Im going to chevk this one out but it might be too much camera, lol. What I'm looking for is something that I can quickly take out of my pocket and get a nice sharp photo without a lot of fussing with it. Kind of the opposite of when I have my dslr with me...
It also has 2 auto modes. The simple one you just touch the screen for focus and lickety split it snaps the picture the AF is laser guided and very fast

Just a follow up to say thanks again for all the advice and suggestions here. I ended up putting off the upgrade until this week and went with the iPhone 6s plus. I'm pretty happy with the camera so far although with the snow and rain here this week I have not had much chance to put it through a workout. People shots have been great - even one I was sure would be a blur because my sister-in-law moved mid shot ended up being a keeper. We're heading to Disneyland CA next week and I'm planning to only take the DSLR to the parks with me part of the time so the iPhone camera should get a lot of use.

Have fun. In a nutshell, these cameraphones are similar to the DSLR's in that some do a little of this a little better than the other. You will have a lot of fun

My brother just got the LG V10 and it has an incredible camera. Amazing really. He didn't even buy it for that, but I wouldn't mind getting one. He got it because it was in stock, and reasonable with a plan.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Don't forget to look at some of the various camera apps in addition to the Apple camera app. I have one that allows me to change pretty much anything you'd want to in the photo, even focus. Sometimes when I tap where I want it to focus, it can't find the correct focal point. Or, I may want different focal and auto-exposure points. By using the other app, I can manually change focus, exposure, shutter speed, etc. :)

Good suggestion, thanks. Any apps to recommend?

Good suggestion, thanks. Any apps to recommend?
Dude, you started this thread in December, It's now April. If you don't decide pretty soon cell phones are going to be a thing of the past. :biglaugh:

I like Caterpillar's TI camera phone. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back